Monday, April 17, 2017

When Getting Weary!

It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. I repeat: Let no one take me for a fool. But if you do, then tolerate me just as you would a fool, so that I may do a little boasting. In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool. Since many are boasting in the way the world does, I too will boast. You gladly put up with fools since you are so wise! In fact, you even put up with anyone who enslaves you or exploits you or takes advantage of you or puts on airs or slaps you in the face. To my shame I admit that we were too weak for that! Whatever anyone else dares to boast about—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast about. Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I. Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn? If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. 2 Corinthians 11:15-30 NIV
In a moment of weakness today, I fell short of being compassionate and forgiving in my thought life because I'm weary.

I'm weary of the unending corruption we see revealed in the news on the part of elected officials. I'm weary of the self-righteous pseudo-christians who are nothing but hypocrites. I'm weary of people disrespecting others demonstrating their bigotry and hatred on a daily basis. I'm weary of the intolerance shown towards by many who think they're the only ones who have a right to an opinion. I'm weary of people defending the #WHidiot because there is no defense for him. He is a lying, cheating, fraudulent con artist who has manipulated the GOP into going along with his buffoonery and the Russian hacking. I'm weary of his "posturing" running his mouth like babbling brook. I'm weary of his rhetoric which could end all life as we know trying to be something he's not. Yes, I'm weary, but so was Paul and since he never gave up, neither will I.

I may resort to being "silent" on a matter for a few days, but it won't stop me from airing my views in other venues. America cannot allow the idiot in the White House to continue with his "agenda" that may include engaging in a war we won't win. We didn't win in Korea before and we won't now.

Of course, Russia has no problem with the US engaging the maniac in N. Korea for once it is established that we've used up resources fighting in that corner, Russia will just sneak in the back door left open by the idiot and then we'll all be screwed.

The more I see the complacency demonstrated by those who support the idiot, the more I'm determined that I'm going to do something about it. And the first step may just be--giving him a run for his money in 2020. Not only will I make a presidential run; I'll encourage anyone who has more to offer Americans than this idiot--to run as well--rhetorically and literally so he'll know--we are sick and tired of being weary with him in the White House.

So, when we get weary, it's a good time to refresh and get ready to fight back--even more determined than ever to make a difference. 
 
Chicken Theory

No comments:

Post a Comment