Sunday, June 11, 2017

Is Solomon Speaking To Us Now?

Out in the open wisdom calls aloud; she raises her voice in the public square; on top of the wall she cries out, at the city gate she makes her speech: How long will you who are simple love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings, But since you refuse to listen when I call and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand, since you disregard all my advice and do not accept my rebuke, I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you; I will mock when calamity overtakes you--when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble overwhelm you. Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me, since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the Lord. Since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, they will eat the fruit of their ways, and be filled with the fruit of their schemes. For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them; but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm. Proverbs 1:20-33 NIV
The question--is Solomon speaking to us now, can be answered quite literally if we're honest about what we see on a daily basis.

The first chapter in Proverbs is dedicated to understanding the role of wisdom and what happens when we don't exercise wisdom. This segment--referenced above--puts us--all Believers in a position to see why America is in the shape it is in--and possibly the world.

Let me break this down a little further--when we--those who call themselves Christians--lie on God, we end up with the only possible consequence of our lying--God ignoring us and allows the calamities of our own rebellion to overtake us. God is not mocked nor deceived by lying tongues, but He will allow our lies to make fools of us. Though I have categorically denied that God chose trump to be president of the United States, I have to include myself in the throng of Believers--who didn't do enough to persuade others that God does not intervene in our choices. He allows us to make the choices and allows us to handle the consequences of our actions.

What I see in the constantly unfolding events in the political arena and the rise of hatred in the land is the result of wickedness and lies promoted by those who claim to know God. Let me say this again (and I'll probably say it often)--GOD IS PRO-CHOICE! He honors and choices and allows us to deal with the results--in every area of our lives--not just as it pertains to abortion, elections, marriage--but in everything.

When Christian Believers (the Evangelicals who lied) acknowledge that God allows us choices, then perhaps, they can also begin to repent and rescind the notion that trump was God's choice--unless they are totally blinded by hate and bigotry and want to see the chaos continue.

I'm no more perfect than any other, but I do accept my limitations and acknowledge them. I depend upon my relationship with God to do the right thing at all times, but when I stray, He won't pull me back unless I submit to His pull. That's how He operates--with our submission to Him. He does not coerce, bully or bribe us to do anything; nor does He belittle or humiliate us--we do that on our own when we refuse to hear Him and obey.

At all times--we must speak truth whether we agree with truth or not--because truth will set us free from all the stupidity we now see. Truth can and will come through various people--both Republicans and Democrats (Conservatives and Liberals), but we must be open to hearing it and acting upon it or we'll cease to exist as a nation since truth has surfaced, the Russian interference into our election and the erosion of our democracy was planned years ago. They deliberately established relationships with those who--out of their greed and need for power--were easily influenced and duped into doing their will--not God's.

All of this is easily discovered with a little time taken to research it, so there is no need for anyone to just take my word for it. Once research is undertaken and truth is known, what should we do with it?
I've known the truth all along and have my blogs to verify what I've been saying and now I implore all who know truth to assert themselves into the throng of existing chaos and confusion and promote truth--if we don't change direction soon, we will no longer be the United States of America--a sovereign nation, but under the command of the Russians.

Now, can we honestly answer the question, "Is God talking to us?" Yes, because He is and will continue to speak to us through His Word and through Holy Spirit, if we're willing to listen. If we don't listen, we have only ourselves to blame for the calamities that will overwhelm us. As a society of civilized people, we can no longer allow ideologies and emotions to rule us; we must develop critical thinking skills and know how to determine when sources are credible or not--facts and evidence matters. Any news source that promotes hatred of anyone for any reason--is not a credible source of information; it will be biased based upon the hatred they promote. 

Therefore, I beseech every reader to reflect upon their relationship with God and know His truth and make all decisions pertaining to life and living upon that fact--proven through His Word.

In 2020, remember maintaining our democracy will depend upon all those who seek truth and promote it, rather than fuel ideological beliefs that have no foundation in truth according to God's Word. I'm counting on the wisdom of God to lead us all in turning away the whirlwind that will overtake us if we don't act. If we actively #resist the devil, and submit to God, we will know victory!

eda

No comments:

Post a Comment