Saturday, July 29, 2017

Everyday I Wake Up!

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:  Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning: great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. Lamentations 3:21-26 NIV
Everyday that I wake up, I am reminded of God's goodness towards me. Though I have challenges with respiratory issues, and joint and muscle aches, and circulatory issues, I am counting on Him to provide me with relief and inspiration.  Nothing is too hard to face when we know God is on our side; He will be our rearguard and frontline. When we know we are surrounded by His love and held in His embrace, we have nothing to fear. For what can the enemy do against love?

Love--the cure-all for everything that ails us as individuals and as a nation. We can never be all that God plans for us to be without knowing how to love others. When we let go of the hatred we feel against others because of our own insecurities, God can and will fill hearts to overflowing with love, wisdom, and direction in making the world a better place for all human beings.

So, everyday--I wake up inquiring of God--what can I do today to make life better for someone else? Sometimes, a smile is all it takes and other days, it takes a little more.

How can I make life better for others as President of the United States? I can begin by realizing--if elected--that I have to govern for all Americans and consider all Americans in every decision made.
I have to make the best decisions possible for those with I agree and those with whom I don't agree; with those I know who love me for who I am and for those who hate me because of the color of my skin or my gender or my age or my audacity in running for president in the first place.

I have to govern for those who believe as I believe and for those who don't. I have to govern--respecting everyone's right to make decisions for themselves as long as they do not violate the Constitution or other laws or infringe upon the rights of others.

I have to govern knowing I'll have to make tough decisions that some won't like but I'll have to think beyond the moment and consider all those who will come after me.

I have to govern understanding the role of Congress and the Judiciary as well as the Executive Branch of government.

I have to govern with a mindset to protect Americans and America's interests on a global level.
I have to govern knowing I don't know everything, but counting on God and His infinite wisdom to guide me in all things. This is how I know I can make life better for all Americans--by considering all Americans--and not a personal or party agenda.

I am seeking input from those who think I can make a difference. I need your support in spreading the word and welcome your ideas. Please leave a comment on the FaceBook page that provides more details about the plans I have for all Americans and how we can make it work. www.facebook.com/YesIAm2020. Thanks for your consideration!

eda

No comments:

Post a Comment