Monday, July 17, 2017

How Are We Walking?

For we walk by faith, not by sight! 2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV

Therefore we are confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. For we live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please Him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad. 2 Corinthians 5:6-10 NIV

I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved. And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:1-3 KJV

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. Proverbs 29:18 KJV

Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint; but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom's instruction. Proverbs 29:18 NIV
In some ways, this post today could be a continuation of the "Where are the watchmen?" series. But today, as I was completing my mile walk, it occurred to me that sometimes, we all overlook the significance of using words appropriately because "words matter." Follow my thoughts here.

I was thinking about all the challenges I've faced in life as I prepare my run for the presidency in 2020.  I've been rear-ended twice and in both collisions, cars were totaled; I've suffered a stroke which could have caused a total collapse of my body. In all three incidents; my "sight" was temporarily impaired, but I never lost hope and fought through the darkness, determined to keep living. My vision--to live until I'm 95--kept me from losing hope in the longevity I want to see. 

You see, what I get from this--is our sight has to do with our physical ability to see and even if our sight is impaired, it should never interfere with our vision--a vision we have hopefully written on paper, cyberspace or in our hearts. My vision for longevity is written in all I do--on paper, in cyberspace and in my heart. I have a lot to do before I leave the earth realm and I plan to get it all done--and I will--as long as I keep my faith in Christ Jesus and not in people or things.

If America loses sight of the vision--a great place for all to live where we have the freedom to think independently from government or religions or any other entity--we cave to those things and people who want to control us.

I challenge every American--to wake up and pay attention to what's going on around us--specifically in the political arena. Do not allow one political party to interfere with your right to vote with their gerrymandering, election rigging, or any other means to suppress your vote. Rise up and know--your vote is your voice in our government and this is why--GOP leadership wants to restrain your voice--so only theirs is heard.

I have a vision for America--the place where we have fought for freedom and now must fight to retain it. The America I love will embrace people from all walks of life, opening arms and hearts of compassion for all who are in need of shelter and comfort. We will learn to think and act as one unit--united by love of country, not divided by party politics. We will not allow a foreign entity's misdeeds to overshadow what we have already accomplished, caving to their dictates through the embodiment of greed and corruption. We will stand firm, determined and convinced that our Constitution is right for us and we will not allow greed to change our path. Though our "sight" may be impaired for a moment by the glitz and idiocy of those in leadership positions, we will not lose sight of the vision--written in the Constitution and in our hearts, confirmed with the gift of the Statute of Liberty, and upheld in the motto of our military actions--America is the land of the free and there is no other place, I'd rather be--than at the helm in the White House, in 2020, governing for all Americans and not just a handful of the privileged, elite.
  • We will defend the rights of the poor and the needy and put out of business the corrupt and the greedy.
  • We will provide quality healthcare and education for all who seek one beyond the environs of public education.
  • We will lead this new technological era with revolutionary ideas that will keep all employed who want to work and pay them well, so they won't shirk.
  • Taxation will be fair to all, with the lesser income households paying the least, and the greater incomes, paying the most so government won't suffer loss. 
  • We will maintain our military might as they watch and guard us through the night.
  • We will honor our senior citizens and treat them with the respect and honor they deserve, giving them what is rightfully theirs, held in reserve.
  • We will learn to love and respect all human beings as one race, with none being superior to another, alleviating the need for strife based on race, gender, ethnicity, nationality, religion, or skin tone. There is but one blood, shed for us all and there is but one blood, red--that flows through us all and it's time we recognize that fact and change our act. 
Though there are days, my sight gives me reason to pause, since aging has it's own pace and challenges, I will never give up my vision--now written for all to see on the walls of cyberspace--easily shared. 

Are you ready to assist in this task, making the sure the vision is never curtailed, but will last for generations to come, on a planet will survive the test of climate change because we will change how we live--living by faith and acting with prudence in all that we do?

I'm ready, willing and able to do all to make sure the vision comes to past and all Everyday Americans will have-assurance in government once again, at least in the leader who shall lead all nations in the proclamation of peace and prosperity, none knowing lack. I don't know about you, but I'm walking by faith in God and all He has poured into me to do, not by what I see that's imperiled by man.

eda

No comments:

Post a Comment