Saturday, July 8, 2017

How Misplaced Hope Blinds

Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. How long will you assault me? Would all of you throw me down--this leaning wall, this tottering fence? Surely they intend to topple me from my lofty place; they take delight in lies.  With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse. Yes my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock , my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Surely the lowborn are but a breath, the highborn are but a lie. If weighed on a balance, they are nothing; together they are only a breath. Do not trust in extortion or put vain hope in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them. One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard: "Power belongs to you, God, and with you, Lord, is unfailing love"; and, "You reward everyone according to what they have done." Psalm 62 NIV
We all have hoped for things that were just out of our reach or have blindly placed our hope in people, only to be disappointed, time and time again.

We are reminded in The Word, that our hope cannot reside in things or people, "some may trust in horses and chariots, but we shall trust in the name of our God." Only when we trust in God, totally and completely can our hope attain its goal.

Therefore, once we understand that hoping in people is futile, we can see beyond the blinders and face reality. There is no hope for this country if we depend upon its current leadership to retain its position on the global stage. That knowledge was reinforced on 7/7/17 when we witnessed (some of us) a meeting between trump and Putin (the initial meeting and handshake), and then later learning that trump caved--being "honored to meet" the person who attacked our free and fair election process. Putin played trump like a finely tuned guitar--stroke, by stroke--arousing his ego to the point of blindness.

Anticipating trump's reaction to this alleged, "first meeting," I posted a thread on Twitter and pinned it so all who care to dispute what I said won't have a problem finding what I said.

Body language says it all. With the initial greeting--the handshake and pat on the back (reassuring Putin that he--trump was being obedient) was telling for all who were observant. While trump sat anxiously awaiting their "time alone" Putin was relaxed and acknowledged--intentionally or unintentionally--their "finally personally meeting." Now, some could say I was deliberately attempting to make something out of nothing, but from everything I've discovered about Putin--he understands the import and impact of words--they matter. He wanted the world to know and especially Russia to know--he and trump had been communicating for some time. In fact, I've concluded the entire meeting was choreographed by Putin so he could make sure that his wishes were being followed. We are in the throes of being absorbed by Russia and its autocracy since trump doesn't have the balls or backbone to stand up to a tyrant. And it would appear that the GOP Congress is also missing balls and backbone to address the situation and to remove the traitor from the Oval Office.

Anyone hoping trump will become "presidential" is blinded by their refusal to see the reality playing out in front of them. He may hold the title, but he is not the president of the United States when he undermines and bashes American intelligence officers and our Free Press--disavowing any acknowledgment of our Constitution. 

My hope--is in Jesus Christ--and Him alone and I trust Him to guide me in all things. I know Everyday Americans are smarter than those who were gullible enough to vote for trump in the first place, and they'll research and discover the plausibility of supporting me, as the next president. I'm not asking people to have hope in me, but to have faith in their own judgment and relationship with Christ as they ponder supporting me.

eda

No comments:

Post a Comment