Sunday, November 19, 2017

Will He Know You?

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’  “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” Matthew 25:40-46 NIV
“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’ “But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’ “Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’  “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’  Luke 13:24-27 NIV
There is so much more to being a Christian and entering into heaven than just going to a building to be with other believers and learning to quote scriptures. Sadly, from what we can see today, that's the extent of some who claim to be Christians which I have determined is simply a label they choose to wear, but not a lifestyle they choose to live.

From The Word--we see that Jesus expects us to take care of the poor and needy, the vulnerable, the defenseless, and the homeless. He expects us to love one another for in another passage of scripture, He tells us we shall be known to each other by our love for one another. If we have not love, can we say we belong to Him or that we follow His ways?

The two commandments that He gave us to encapsulate the ten--Love God with all of our heart and soul and to love one another as we love ourselves--means we have to love unconditionally, as He loves, but we do not have to accept the foolishness exhibited by others. If we love God--we will live according to His Word and principles; if we love one another--we will not harm others in any way.

Today--we are seeing church leaders condone sexual assault committed by others wearing the label, not living the lifestyle by saying we have to forgive them. Franklin Graham, Mark Burns and so many others are enablers--pure and simple--since they won't condemn the behavior of Roy Moore and others like him in positions of leadership within a church. Unfortunately, those who enable others by overlooking their sins are probably guilty of the same behavior and women and men are afraid to speak up. This should not be so!

Women have to stand up and speak out against ANYONE who has molested them, assaulted them or harassed them in order to humiliate or denigrate them. We are not objects for which man can use and abuse at will and we will not stand by and allow the continued objectification women have suffered for decades. The time has come for all who have committed sexual assault of any kind--to CONFESS, REPENT AND RESIGN from positions of authority and leadership. It's PAST TIME for women to defend themselves and for the rest of us to stop--re-victimizing women who do speak up.

Is our final destination heaven or hell? Will He know us by our deeds that glorified Him and allow us to enter into heaven or will He shun us the way we shunned living for Him and turn us away? It is up to us as to where we spend eternity and many who are simply wearing the Christian label will be surprised when they hear--"Depart from me--I never knew you."

Empowering women to stand up and speak out against harassment and other inequalities should be the goal of every person seeking an elected position, now and forevermore. I stand with all the women and men who have been sexually assaulted or harassed and will work to make sure their lives are not further diminished simply because they chose to tell it--no matter how long it took them to tell it.


No comments:

Post a Comment