Friday, May 2, 2014

Generational Recipient of Love!

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments" (Deuteronomy 7:9 NIV).

God is keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who "love Him and keep His commandments." I'm in the fold of the thousand generations! How do I know? I love Him and love others--no matter what--fulfilling the commandments of love!

Some might say, "Yeah, right; sure you are!" How can anyone love everyone with so much hatred in the world?

This is how I do it: I have learned to love me, first--doing all the things that would not cause me harm, but doing those things that would lead to greater physical health and peace of mind. After I read God's Word, studied and meditated upon it, and realized how much He loved me, I didn't want His love to be squandered or unappreciated so I changed my way of living along with my attitude towards people. 

The more I discovered about how great a love He has for me, the more I loved Him. Now, I try always to do those things that please Him, so He will know without a doubt, how much I love Him.
Because I willingly received His love, I have an abundance of love overflowing, seeking those who will receive love from me. It's not easy! Some people are filled with so much hate for self, God and others, they miss seeing love (not lust) when it is presented to them. For these, I love them enough to pray for them--praying they will receive God's love and learn to love self and others. For those who receive the love, I encourage, however I can--to always seek God first, have faith in Him, and know that they are loved, no matter what event attempts to deter them from loving.

Do I like everyone I love? Absolutely not! God does not always like the things we do, but He never stops loving us. I don't always like the things my children or grandchildren do, but I never stop loving them. The same is true of people I know and those I don't know (globally). I know how to love whether I like a person or not. Again, when I see problems, I pray--for wisdom in rectifying a situation and the courage to get it done. Telling people the truth when they do not want to hear it, takes courage and wisdom and I always try to hear God before I do or say anything.

It's not too late to become a generational recipient of love--just learn to love God and keep His commandments--the commandments to love Him and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment