Thursday, May 15, 2014

Waiting!

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD" (Psalm 27:14 NIV).

Still waiting for the return of my computer! I'm trying to find other things to keep me busy, to keep my mind off the potential lost of all my work, story ideas, not yet developed, and with my propensity to forget--may never be remembered.
While I wait, I think about how God has waited patiently for us to get living right! He never gave up on us (at least some of us). He knew when we would reach the bottom or end of ourselves and be willing to turn to Him, recognizing that He was just waiting for us!
I can't not speak for others, but from a time of accountability (12 or thereabouts), God had to wait for me--to allow Him to reveal Himself to me. I didn't get it until I was 36 years-old. I mean I knew about God, but I did not know Him--on a personal level. I've given my testimony before so I won't bore anyone with a repeat performance, but I'm so glad He waited for me. I'm sure I missed out on some really great rewards, had I been willing to submit to Him earlier in life, but as they (don't know who "they" is), better late than never.
There is no way--I would ever return to the life I once lived without Him, guiding me. He has been too good to me--even in the middle of chaos, confusion, and loss of family members--for me turn back into the pit that nearly cost me my life.
I can live without all the drama of trying to "be something I was never intended to be" in order to do what He desires for me to do--share the Gospel, encourage others to seek Him and live for Him.
So thinking back about how long He waited for me, I can wait a few more days to get my computer back. At least, I hope it is only a few more days. While I wait, I'll pray, and read, and try to remember all those great story ideas and story maps, already written, but may be lost.

If you're waiting--stay strong and trust in Him. He'll make everything all right!

No comments:

Post a Comment