Sunday, July 10, 2016

I Will Bless The Lord!

I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel;
My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
I have set the LORD always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will rest in hope.
You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:7-9, 11
No matter what happens, no matter how dark and evil the world becomes, no matter how much the enemy influences others to do stupid and hate, no matter how heavy my heart becomes, no matter how many tears I shed, no matter how often I stop in the middle of the day to pray over the bad news broadcast, non-stop (in various mediums), no matter how empty I feel some days because of the wrongs I cannot right, no matter what happens, I will bless The Lord at all times--His praises shall continually be in my mouth!

Great is The Lord and greatly to be praised!

There is none like our God in all the earth!

His love and mercy endure forever!

Because of Him and His love towards me--a love that overflows--I know I can face every tomorrow!

Because of His goodness towards me--I can do good for all I meet--and pray for those who will not receive!

Because of Him--I can rejoice when I am drained of hope while He replenishes me within.

Because of Him--I can continue to all He has called me to do--thankful that He chose me.

Because of Him--I don't let what others think of me, influence what I do or when I do it.

Because of Him--I can walk with my head held high, never ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ or all He's done for me.

Because of Him--I know that sadness and weeping indeed may last through the night, but when I wake to a new day, I am blessed with new mercies and joy and new opportunities to speak His Word.

Nothing--not sickness or disease, naysayers, unbelievers, or any negative news shall by any means deter me from the path He has established for me and I will bless The Lord--I will bless The Lord--I will bless The Lord!

For it is to Him, I give the glory. It is to Him, I give the praise! He has done so much for me and I will bless His Holy Name.

I am thankful that even when I sleep, He speaks to my heart and provides me with direction and instructions to keep going--to keep loving--to keep living according to His Word. I wake even more determined to keep telling His Truth--aligned with His Word--so all may know that He is Lord and nothing escapes His notice--He sees all, hears all, and knows the end of every matter, before the beginning.

Be of good cheer when bad news tries to encroach upon your heart and attempts to keep your focus off Him. He is never surprised at any event, but I can imagine His sorrow at the needless violence. Because He is God--He knows and we can comforted with His Words and know--He loves us and His never-ending mercy shall sustain to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment