Thursday, July 28, 2016

Mature Disagreement!

Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you. But we must hold on to the progress we have already made. Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example. For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ. Philippians 3:15-18 NIV
As much as I'm tempted to preach this message, Paul has already done a better job than I'll ever do because if we who profess to believe God, do The Word, there is no other example for us to follow other than Him.

The concept is applicable to any situation we encounter--in our homes, in our communities, in our churches, in our government--no matter where we are--we must learn to disagree, agreeably--without hatred governing our thoughts or our deeds, but we simply acknowledge the points of disagreement--open the door for discussion and find solutions to problems--we don't create problems because of our disagreement.

Disagreement doesn't mean that we ignite or fuel hatred to draw others to our side by name-calling or taunting chants--that really only emphasize insecurity and immaturity.

While we have riled up hatred for one candidate by chanting erroneous thoughts of "lock her up" we have seen a deluge of defamatory literature, logos, and other paraphernalia demonstrating a "huge" lack of maturity of the part of anyone participating in the malaise of insanity.

And then--there is the "call" for foreign powers to conduct espionage against a political candidate that sounds like treason to me. The fact that Trump made the statement (and later back-pedaled with a lame excuse) is enough to make many wonder what he will do with the security briefings he'll sit in on. Will he sell what he learns to the highest bidder? Someone needs to get a muzzle for this man before he has missiles pointing at us from all directions.

I haven't strayed from my point of mature disagreement; I'm simply making a point as to why we must look at the level of maturity of any candidate attempting to do anything. I'm not alone in my assessment of the situation and though my sphere of influence is limited, I have to speak to issues that bear no resemblance to a person knowing Jesus Christ and certainly not having a relationship with Him. "Out of the abundance of the heart (whatever resides inside a person) the mouth speaks!"

I pray that no one (in their right mind) will ever consider Donald Trump an example as to how we should live or treat people. Trump is not a savior and he cannot fix anything--he cannot even fix his impulses to say foolish things.

I'm not in total agreement  (there are some points of disagreement) with Hillary Clinton or the progressive movement, but I'd rather see her in the White House--someone who cares about people--rather than a self-deluded person--who only thinks about himself, leading this country.

Everyone has a choice to make and I would urge all to exercise maturity and wisdom in deciding who can best handle being the leader of this country--caring about all Americans!

No comments:

Post a Comment