Saturday, July 2, 2016

Prayer For The Nations!

Hear me, you heavens! Listen, earth! For the LORD has spoken: “I reared children and brought them up, but they have rebelled against me. The ox knows its master, the donkey its owner’s manger, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand.” Woe to the sinful nation, a people whose guilt is great, a brood of evildoers, children given to corruption! They have forsaken the LORD; they have spurned the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him. Isaiah 1:2-4 NIV
Is this how The Lord sees us today?

I can imagine--I have a very vivid imagination--that God is looking down upon the earth, shaking His head in pure amazement at how far we've turned from Him. I can imagine Him thinking about all He has done for the creation--mankind--whom He loves and yet time after time, we have forsaken Him in pursuit of our own carnal desires. I can imagine Him thinking about the lessons we have not learned from events of the past which will revisit us again. I can imagine Him thinking how He wasted His time, coming down and living among men, determined to show us how much He loves, by His death and resurrection. I can imagine the tears falling--in the rain that decimates--because He is so sad with our plight in life. I can imagine Him turning His back to us, stopping His ears so He won't hear us--just as some of us have stopped up our ears and won't hear Him. I can imagine the pain He must feel--when our sin--deliberate actions--opposed to His Word--piercing Him even sharper than the nails that held Him on the cross and the spear that pierced His side. And I can imagine--that the blood flowing--all across the land--is the result of the anguish, He feels--gushing out from Him-- because we will not obey. I can imagine and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Will we ever learn? Do we not see how our behavior causes God to grieve for us?

There is so much devastation across the globe that has led to loss of life and hope that the only way we can recover is to submit to God, completely. And if we don't, we'll continue to reap the just reward for our behavior.

Father, in the name of Jesus,

We stand before You--guilty as charged--of all You have asked us not to do as Your Children, and repent of our sins. Help us O Lord, to be mindful at all times that You and You alone are worthy of all praise and that we can grieve Holy Spirit when we refuse to obey. Help us to learn from the history recorded in Your Word so we'll not see the captivity of Your children by enemy forces. Help us to understand that every Word--written by inspiration--and recorded has a purpose for our lives. Help us O God to know with certainty when You speak and help us to quickly obey. O God, You have told us repeatedly what we must do in order to receive the blessings You have in store for us. Speak to the hearts of all who belong to You, and ignite in them--repentance and complete submission to You, so all can benefit from the obedience.

Father, You have said in Your Word, that if, "Your people (we) who are called by Your Name, will humble themselves and pray, seek Your face, and turn from their wicked ways, then You would hear and heal the land."

I am Yours and will not seek to please another. I'm seeking Your continued mercy and guidance for all the land and submit to the direction and leading of Holy Spirit and will speak as You give me direction to speak to all who will hear.

Keep us O Lord from receiving the full brunt of Your wrath because of our disobedience and disregard of Your Word. Forgive the ignorance in the minds of all who do not know You and create in them a heart and desire to know You and become one of Yours.

All this we ask and thank You for in Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment