Sunday, May 21, 2017

In Hot Pursuit!


A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise adorns knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly. The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good. The soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit. A fool spurns a parent's discipline, but whoever heeds correction shows prudence. The house of the righteous contains great treasure, but the income of the wicked brings ruin. The lips of the wise spread knowledge, but the hearts of fools are not upright. The Lord detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer of the upright pleases him. The Lord detests the way of the wicked, but he loves those who pursue righteousness. Stern discipline awaits anyone who leaves the path; the one who hates correction will die. Death and Destruction lie open before the Lord--how much more do human hearts! Mockers resent correction, so they avoid the wise. A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit. The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly. Proverbs 15:1-14 NIV
Throughout life--once we reach an age of accountability--we learn that every decision we make, everything we say has a tendency to shape who we are and the paths we take. Even when we make mistakes, the mistakes made shape us--helping us to arrive at better decision-making--if we pay attention.

In order to reach our destination or planned goals, we must retain a desire to pursue--the goal, the prize, the end result that keeps our dreams alive. In other words, we must be in hot pursuit of whatever it is we desire, if we are to obtain that which we desire.

If we are pursuing happiness, we must determine exactly what it is that makes us happy. For many people that will be different things. Some want riches and others simply want peace and tranquility.
Some want fame and some wish to live in virtual obscurity. Just as a person pursues fame--relentlessly--others pursue obscurity just as relentless in their pursuit because they choose to live in the background of life and not the foreground.

Though I've never sought the limelight for any reason, I have sought peace within myself and my surroundings. I am not an argumentative person, but I will stand and defend my positions on anything. I do not provoke animosity, but I will defend and protect myself and others from the onslaught of hatred, vigorously.

I was reminded in a phone conversation on yesterday about some of the things I've done in life and the person's conclusion about me was--I have always stuck my neck out to help others--even to the point of sacrificing my own needs.

I have not always agreed with other people, but I have learned how to disagree, agreeably and maintain relationships with those who desired maintenance of the relationship.

Here I am, today and in the days to come, seeking support of a presidential run for 2020 from those who have come to know me through my blog posts and understand exactly where I stand on the issues that challenge Everyday Americans. Though there have been clashes regarding ideology, I would like to think those clashes won't be a foundation to ignore each other.

At any rate--I am in hot pursuit--of righteousness and in garnering support for a chance in having a forum to see real change in America that will benefit all.

If you're inclined to agree--check out the following sites: www.everydayamericans2020.com and www.facebook.com/YesIAm2020 and let me know what you think and what your challenges are.

If you're not inclined to agree--you won't discover how much I care about Everyday Americans and why I want to serve them.


eda

No comments:

Post a Comment