Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Looking Ahead, Not Behind!

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained. Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do. Philippians 3:12-17 NIV
Sometimes, we tend to allow our pasts--when we spend too much time thinking about them--to get in the way of our future. Lately, my thoughts keep going backward as I consider facing the microscopic scrutiny I know I'll be subjected to in my quest to make a run for the White House and because of my imperfections--doubt tends to creep in. So, this morning, as I read what Paul has to say, I am determined to not allow those thoughts to deter me. I am focused and looking forward to the experience of daring to make a big difference in our country.

Will I get where I want to be? Who knows?

I know I am qualified to be president of the United States (per the constitutional requirements) and now I must determine a path that will make me "electable" since that factor is more important than others.

With that insight, I know what I have to do--appeal to the masses and find those who--eventually--are great at fundraising--since that is not one of my strengths.

In the end, only those who believe in me--believe what they hear God speak to their hearts about me--will truly determine my electability.

In the interim--I'm going full steam ahead with research on issues that concern Everyday Americans and in finding viable solutions. I've written letters to "experts" in the field and waiting to hear from them. And while I wait--they're all pretty busy--I'm doing what I do best--writing and promoting my name.

Sooner or later--the name will be known and hopefully, the masses will know I'm on the side of the Everyday Americans, but I know I can govern for all Americans.

name recognition

No comments:

Post a Comment