Thursday, May 4, 2017

Know Peace!

“A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16: 32, 33 NIV
The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6 NIV
“Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you. Job 22:21 NIV
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8 NIV
The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace. Psalm 29:11 NIV
Consider the blameless, observe the upright; a future awaits those who seek peace. Psalm 37:37 NIV
A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones. Proverbs 14:30 NIV
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3 NIV
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 NIV
The word "peace" appears in the bible 249 times--most of which relating to a position of not worrying about anything. It is God's desire that we have and live in peace. And He admonishes us to do all we can to live in peace with one another.

It is my desire to see the people in the United States--first--to be at peace with one another and then as the world looks upon what we do; they will work to establish and maintain peace within and without the borders of their country, but knowing peace must first begin with each of us.

We must find ways to come to terms with our positions and roles in life and how we do impacts the lives of others. If there is no peace within us--we are always anxious and panicking--we cannot create peace around us.

I'm on a quest for peace and I'm starting with understanding God's peace in my soul. There are so many things happening out there that create anxiety and animosity that I'm working on me--to get over it--and it's working. I haven't reached the place where nothing bothers me, but I'm getting there.
I'm getting there by not just complaining about what's going on around me, but getting involved to change the status quo and making my voice heard.

Since making a decision to explore the possibility of a presidential run, I have felt less anxious; I'm not prone to panic attacks thinking there's nothing I can do, and I am experiencing a peace within that I've seldom felt before. I know I'm on the right track and there is no looking back. Whatever happens in the next two years as we pull this together, happens. God knows and my ear is inclined to hear Him.

"This is the day The Lord has made and I shall rejoice and be glad in it!"

name recognition



No comments:

Post a Comment