Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Great Love!

"For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths, from the realm of the dead" (Psalm 86:13 NIV).

I encourage everyone to read this entire Psalm get a better understanding of the focus attempted here. 
If it had not been for God's great love for me, where would I be?  If He had not provided deliverance, through Jesus Christ, I would still be on the path to hell!

Not that I'm a perfect person now, but when I look back at the things that I did, and remember the way I sometimes treated people, I can honestly say that "heaven was not an option" for me, then.  I did not commit any murders--unless we count what I attempted to do to others by undermining their self-worth.  I did not commit grand theft--unless we count stealing hearts deliberately and then letting them dangle and rot.  There were days when I was not a very nice person.  I did what I wanted to do with little thought for how my actions would affect others.  I was on a mission to debilitate every male I met because of what had been done to me as a child.  I was so foolish that I thought I'd never live past 50 and when people told me I'd end up in hell, I'd say, "well, it will be a party because everyone I know will be there."  How foolish is that?

But O how great is our God!  It was His love that saved me and got me on the right path. He put people in my life who would not give up on me and they helped me to see that "heaven was not only an option; it was assured."

So, if I offend anyone reading by praising God--please understand--I have a right and I will praise Him with everything in me.  You don't know like I know, what He's done for me!  You don't know how He set me free--from anger and bitterness and unforgiveness.  You don't know how He saved me from the pit I was digging deeper every day for myself.  You don't know!  I will praise Him every waking hour, in my sleep, online, in my books--wherever and whenever I can--I will praise His Holy Name.  I know without a smidgen of a doubt, that had I been the only person on the planet, Jesus would have made that great sacrifice--just for me! If He did for me; He'll do it for anyone else who chooses to receive His love!  How great is His love towards us!  Hallelujah!  Thank God for saving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment