Sunday, August 4, 2013

Delight!

"Take delight in the Lord (learn how to please Him) and He will give you the desires of your heart" (Psalm 37:4)

When we take pleasure in finding ways to please God, it gives Him great pleasure to give us the desires of our heart--even the hidden things we not vocalized.

When I look at the sky, the clouds, the birds and squirrels playing, the mountains that I love so much, and the water--no matter where you find it and peace--I am always amazed at God's creations.  When I hear about selfless acts that people do for others, I am equally grateful for our ability to have compassion for others.  I delight in what I see God has already done for us collectively, and I am always humbled by His favor--every where I go.

I am delighted with His love for me and the life He has allowed me to have.  I try at all times to do those things that I know will please Him, but I'm not perfect and I'm sure I don't always make it, but I never stop trying.

Yesterday was a particularly delightful day for me when I was "under attack by unbelievers" online.  What I realized is that the more I am doing right for God, the greater the attack by those the enemy has influenced.  I did not get angry or belligerent, but thanked them for paying attention to me.  I knew that God had to be pleased with the fact that I openly acknowledge Him at all times and the enemy was afraid of how my words might influence others to come to themselves and acknowledge God's existence.  I am also grateful that over 90% of my followers on Twitter are Believers!  Hallelujah!

If you have not received your heart's desires "yet", think about what you're doing.  Are you spending your time pleasing God or pacifying "man"?  Delight in all He has done, is doing and will do in your life and watch those desires--the ones you have not even voiced--come to pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment