Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sometimes, Thinking Hurts!

Writing, as a process, is thinking.
Thinking, random thoughts or focused ones,
Sometimes leads to deeper thoughts.
When I think, I write.
When I write, I think.
Some days, my thoughts are clear.
Some days, my thoughts are cloudy.
I can look at the sky and think about God.
I can look at a newborn and think about God.
I can look at flowers and small creatures and think about God.
I can look at an ocean and think about God.
I can look at a mountain and think about God.
Then, I look at what our society is and think,
How did we ever get so far, from thinking about God?
Does God want us to kill and rob?
Does God want us to hate for no reason?
Does God want us to abuse children and the elderly?
Does God want us to sit back and do nothing--
Never speak of the evils of this world and who's behind them?
When we speak, do we speak Truth as God sees Truth?
Or do we speak, a politically correct truth that has nothing to do with Godliness?
When we lie, do we not understand that lying is the influence from Satan?
When we kill and destroy people or property, do we not see Satan's influence?
When we hate people--for no other reason than they are different,
Can we not see Satan's influence?
If our relationship with God is right, we'll think as He instructed,
And seek to help those in need and take care of families.
If our relationship with Satan is maintained,
We shall soon cease to exist, since his goal is to destroy mankind.
With all that is going on in the world,
With all the thoughts that bombard my mind,
Sometimes, thinking hurts.
But then, I write, and write, and write.

God help us to align our thinking with Yours that we might do what You would do in any situation, guided by love.

No comments:

Post a Comment