Monday, August 26, 2013

Joyful, Patient, and Faithful!

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" (Romans 12:12).

In Paul's letter to the church in Rome, he reminds them about their past and cautions them to care about their present and encourages them about their future. In verses 6-8, he discusses the different gifts that everyone has and encourages them to function in their gift. In this verse, he tells them to have hope with joy and to be faithful in praying for self and others and to be patient when we are afflicted.  Can we be happy while we wait with patience for the hope of our future; especially when we are afflicted by pain or betrayal?  Can we faithfully pray--on a consistent basis--be mindful of the needs of others and not just our own?

I am joyfully waiting with great expectation in the hope and confidence of seeing a prayer answered.  And I boast in the confidence I have in God, daily. Whenever I get a request for prayer from anyone, I immediately pray.  If it is someone on the phone, I pray right then.  If it is someone online, I type a prayer for them and let them know what I have prayed by sending it to them.  When my legs and ankles try to impede my walking, I remind them that they do determine what I do, I determine what they do.  And sometimes, I walk in pain, but I don't let it stop me.  I know of some people who are in constant pain who refuse to give up on living or their faith in God.  Hallelujah!  I'm praying for them daily.

When we think about it, seriously, we can do all things that are required of us because He has equipped us to do all things well. Are we going to do it?

Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray for all who have yet come to terms with a decision for You.  I pray that in the light of hope, they will see a need to accept all You have to offer with joy in their hearts and will make a decision to live for you, no matter what.  I pray physical comfort for all those suffering in pain, but yet live for You.  Relieve the pain from nerve conditions, joint conditions, skin conditions, muscle aches and whatever else might assail those who love You. I declare it done for all who will receive the gift of healing right now.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment