Saturday, August 17, 2013

Run Me Over!

"And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you if you obey The Lord, your God" (Deuteronomy 28:2). 

Whenever I think of this passage of scripture, I think about an 18-wheeler, running me down and overtaking me on the highway and being left standing, more blessed than I could handle.  You may not have the imagination I have when you read this, but just think about it for a minute.  If we just obey God, His blessings will come upon us and overtake us! Wow!

Now, what are the blessings?  All those listed throughout the next 11 verses, are our blessings to expect when we are obedient.  His promises to us:  we'll be blessed no matter where we live, our children will be blessed and anything we produce will be blessed, whatever we put our hands to (constructively) will be blessed, we'll be blessed going into places and coming out of places, our enemies will be defeated in front of us, people will know we belong to the Lord by our actions and welcome us into their presence, we will be blessed with abundant prosperity, we'll be the head and not the tail (start businesses and not just be the last hired)--if we pay attention to what The Lord has said and are not deterred by what men say, God will bless everything we do when we are obedient to Him.

When we don't obey or just ignore His commands and become more concerned about what man has said, we open ourselves to the curses--a much longer list in the same passage of scripture.  Beat down by curses or run over with blessings? It is our choice.

I don't know about you, but I want God's blessings to run me over and never stop!  Now, I have something to do. 

Lord, keep me focused on what You have said and help me to obey and to remind others of Your goodness, daily.  In Jesus' name, I pray and thank You, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment