Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Complete In His Will!

"Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen." (Hebrews 13:20, 21 NKJV)

When I was much younger (a kid actually), I loved working jigsaw puzzles. Nothing was more aggravating to me than to lose a piece of that puzzle and not be able to complete it. Even if I could see how the completed picture would look, without the missing piece, it was still not complete and left a void in the picture.

Some people don't mind incomplete pictures--they see their lives as incomplete when they have no goals and no plans.

God is not like us--Hallelujah! When He looks at us, He sees the complete picture--us doing His Will, doing good works, promoting the gospel, desiring to please Him and not man.

I have lived without Jesus in my life (consciously), when I did not know better and my life was incomplete--like the jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces, there was void that needed to be filled. I wandered in the wilderness of not having direction, not knowing how to fulfill dreams or even recognizing that I was lost.

When I recognized the need for Jesus to be in life, accepted the work on the cross, submitted to His Lordship, and reveled in His love, the missing pieces were found, put in place and now my life is complete in Him! I know who I am, I know whose I am and I know His plans for me-plans to prosper me and not harm me! I am doing what He has asked me to do and loving how He uses me in so many places and in so many ways. He always provides an opportunity for me to share His goodness, mercy, grace, and love. Hallelujah!

There is nobody like Jesus--who can complete our lives so fully that we have no regrets, no doubts, and no desire to return to living a life without Him. In Him, I am complete and working to His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment