Monday, November 17, 2014

How People Read Us!

"Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts." (2 Corinthians 3:3 NLT)

If we are a letter from Christ for others to read, what is the letter saying?

Does the letter inform others of our desire to please God and to do--always--those things that are pleasing in His sight?

Can people read our compassion for others in what they see us do?

Do they see the commitment we have to stand firm on The Word and not be swayed by man's corrupt thinking?

Is the letter they are reading so full of light, hope and faith that our lives ignite hope in them?

Do they see someone on fire for The Lord or do they see complacency?

Exactly, what do we want people to read of us--since we supposed to be the living epistles (letters) read by men?

I pray that the letter written upon my heart is confirmation and testament of my receiving God's love and sharing it with others. I pray that others read the desire I have to please God in everything I do and say. I pray that others read upon my heart a blueprint for being a Godly mother, wife, grandmother, and witness of all God's goodness. I pray that all that is written upon my heart from Christ ignites a love of Christ in others that overwhelms and spills over onto every person reading it.

I would rather people read a letter that sets them on fire--burning with desire to repent and turn to God, than one that is simply a copy or imitation of some other person's life. For which is better for societal change that turns hearts to God--a never-ending flame to please Him or a flickering light that changes with every wind of doctrine, changed by man.

Allow the love of Jesus to burn brightly within and people will see and read the letter He has written upon our hearts--to His glory, so all will know to whom we belong.


No comments:

Post a Comment