Thursday, November 27, 2014

My NaNo Novel 2014!

I had actually decided not to write for the NaNoWriMo challenge this year, but after a "friend" bugged me to do it, I did. I already had a story in mind, but had not determined what I wanted to do with it. So, a couple of weeks before the first of November, I developed my characters, my story map, and my fictional city--complete with a grid of the streets and location of all major buildings. I completed my research and typed up my notes, and on November 1, 2014, at 4:30 a.m. I started writing. By November 9, 2014 at approximately, 2:00 p.m. I had finished the first 50K! Now, near the near, I am revising (2nd round) and my word count is over 72K. Since i plan to publish the "finished" work (after 3 more rounds of revising and editing), it will be available on Amazon as an eBook, hopefully before the end of January.

At any rate, here's what the cover looks like--right now.
rev nano2 There's an excerpt on the NaNoWriMo site and I'll probably post it again, soon! Some ideas are worth pursuing! This one certainly was!

No comments:

Post a Comment