Monday, November 7, 2016

On Being Faithful!

I will sing of your love and justice; to you, LORD, I will sing praise. I will be careful to lead a blameless life— when will you come to me? I will conduct the affairs of my house with a blameless heart. I will not look with approval on anything that is vile. I hate what faithless people do; I will have no part in it. The perverse of heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with what is evil. Whoever slanders their neighbor in secret, I will put to silence; whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, I will not tolerate. My eyes will be on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me; the one whose walk is blameless will minister to me. No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence. Every morning I will put to silence all the wicked in the land; I will cut off every evildoer from the city of the LORD. Psalm 101:1-8 NIV
I wish that we could all have the heart of David since God has proclaimed, he is a man after His own heart. And it is the heart of a person that concerns God the most. For He has said, out of the abundance (whatever is in the heart), the mouth speaks. I've repeated this over and over again and yet, there are some who still do not understand. Whatever people say (or type) is a demonstration of what is in their heart.

If we speak hatefulness, we tell the world that hate resides in our hearts.

If we speak falsehoods, deliberately lying about others--then that's what resides in our hearts.

If we speak with the intent to goad hateful rhetoric--then that's what resides in our heart.

If we speak nonsense because we refuse to seek God--then nonsense is what resides in our heart.

If we ever get to the place--like David--and seek The Lord, asking Him to give us a clean heart and renew a right spirit within us--then we'll begin to move toward healing the land and seeing peace restored in our hearts.

I am saddened by the perpetual hatefulness I see demonstrated in online forums, but I realize I have no control over what people or how they act and so all I can is pray for me--that The Lord will keep my thoughts on Him and He will show me how to respond to hate with love and a smile. So far, it's working, but it still saddens me to see how utterly hateful people can be to one another.

I realize that God's faithfulness towards me is worth more than what anyone else thinks or say, and I have to strive to remain faithful to Him--no matter what else happens around me. And the way I do that--is to keep myself surrounded by those who love Him and understand how He wants us to live. There is something about the love of Jesus, continually flowing from one heart to another when we have been filled to overflowing with His love and from our hearts--our mouths speak (or our fingers type) with love coating every word.

We will stand on our faith in God--not people--and see all that He has in store for us, His children who He loves. We will not participate in the evilness that pervades the landscape or cyberspace and we will rise above the fray--to exemplify to demonstrate to all--God's love for all mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment