Sunday, November 27, 2016

When We Call, He Hears!

A psalm of David. Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer. How long will you people turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods. Know that the LORD has set apart his faithful servant for himself; the LORD hears when I call to him. Tremble and do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent. Offer the sacrifices of the righteous and trust in the LORD. Many, LORD, are asking, “Who will bring us prosperity?” Let the light of your face shine on us. Fill my heart with joy when their grain and new wine abound. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4  NIV
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:11-13 NIV
In the day of evil--times when people forsake God and will not obey--there are those of us who recognize the times and when we call upon Him, He will answer.

When there is no "immediate response" that we can see or discern, some tend to get a little anxious and their faith begins to fade. But we are told repeatedly in The Word, to hold onto our faith and it will not fail us as long as our faith is in God.

Having faith in God--no matter what happens--means that even though it appears that the world is groping in darkness, we can trust God to guide us and keep us on the path He has already established for us. We simply need to remember that Jesus is The Light--of Truth, of Integrity, and Honor. And when we have received Him into our hearts, and filled to brimming over with the love of God and power of Holy Spirit--we need never to be afraid of darkness for even in darkness-we see Him in all of His glory.

Therefore, no one who knows God and has established a lasting relationship with Him through Jesus Christ never has to worry about walking in darkness for He is the light within. Have we not been told that we are the light of the world? Not because of who we are, but because of who He is in our lives. In the midst of the darkness, our light--within us--should shine so brightly that all will see our good works and know that every deed committed in darkness will be exposed by The Light.

Because we walk in the light and love of Jesus, we can confidently, approach His throne with boldness to place our petitions before Him and know with certainty, He hears us when we call upon Him.

We are His children and He is our loving Father and a loving Father never ignores the children He loves. Therefore, call upon The Lord and know that when our requests align with His Word, He will answer and give us the desires of our hearts when we take pleasure in serving Him.

I know that He hears me when I call upon Him because of my relationship with Him and His love for me. And while I wait for His response, I continue to do as He has directed me--even though there are times I don't understand why He has me doing what I do. I am eternally grateful that He found me worthy to be used by Him and for that alone--I give Him praise!

Even when those around me don't understand or try to put obstacles in my way, I can keep moving toward the prize I know awaits me because it is from God, not man. So, when I have done all I know to do and know that it has all been directed by God, I take a firm stand, supported by The Word and I refuse to move or back down from any assignment The Lord has given me. And while I'm standing--I am in constant communication with Him, and I know He hears me because it is in His strength, that I can keep going, and going, and going!

On this side of heaven, we are in a constant battle with evil and those spirits that influence evil so we must communicate often with Him who gives us wisdom and direction in order to combat the evil that confronts us. Having The Word in our hearts gives us strength and courage to not answer those the way they respond to us. Having Holy Spirit reigning in our hearts, keeps us from shaming our Father and reminds us to do what is right in His sight, at all times.

The naysayers in our lives don't have to understand why we do what we do, but we must know that God has given us a task and it is our willingness to complete task to His glory that matters more than man's understanding.

Every day when I write, the enemy attempts to dissuade me by interfering with my vision and I've noticed it takes me a little longer to complete the task of writing this blog, but I am determined and I keep calling upon Him to help me see what He wants me to say. I've taken my stand and I will not be moved because I know--when I call Him, He hears me. 
 
prayercover2

No comments:

Post a Comment