Saturday, November 12, 2016

To Whom Do We Owe Loyalty?

Come, let us return to the LORD. For He has torn us, and He will heal us; He has wounded us, and He will bind up our wounds. He will revive us after two days, and on the third day He will raise us up so we can live in His presence. Let us strive to know the LORD. His appearance is as sure as the dawn. He will come to us like the rain, like the spring showers that water the land. What am I going to do with you, Ephraim? What am I going to do with you, Judah? Your loyalty is like the morning mist and like the early dew that vanishes. This is why I have used the prophets to cut them down; I have killed them with the words of My mouth. My judgment strikes like lightning. For I desire loyalty and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:1-6 HCSB
Today, as most days, I seek The Lord for what I should say. And I must admit, that with a heart that is saddened by those who think they have a right to "control" what I say, on my blog, I will hate to see you go your way, but my loyalty is to the God of Heaven and I will not allow another to persuade me otherwise.

God in His infinite wisdom, has given us who choose to serve Him, access to His wisdom and with His Wisdom, we can be confident in saying what He says, no matter what the opposition thinks. I'm reminded of the Pharisees and Sadducees, who were religious, but did not have a right relationship with God. They were more concerned with holding people to the letter of The Law (which is no longer our guide since we have Holy Spirit), than in the spirit of The Law, they did not uphold themselves.

This is where we understand the hypocrisy of those in the temple.They were not concerned about the people, but in their control of the people and thought the people should be loyal to them. Their stance is what moved them to arrange to silence Jesus! They did not understand His purpose on earth and thought He was simply trying to wrest control from them. That's religious people do--they want to control people because they have no trust in God.

When religious leaders promote loyalty to them rather than right relationship with God, we are bound to create hostile environments in the atmosphere when true Believers understand that our loyalty is to God, not people. And what the prophet Hosea is saying to us even now, that our loyalty to man will cause us problems with God.

I've addressed a very personal situation with another blogger before and I must address again so everyone reading this will understand my position. NO ONE, and I mean no one will ever dictate what I write on my blog. Though I appreciate those reading it, I will not do the bidding of a mere mortal and forsake what I know God is speaking to me.

I will never support a person or a group of people who support those who promote racism and bigotry. God is love and nowhere in the bible do we find God advocating hatred--other than that of sin--not people, simply because they don't look like us. If you believe God is a racist bigot--that's on you. The God I serve promotes love--even when we don't like what people have done or are doing--we still love them and pray for them. God will do what God does in their lives when they are ready to receive His bountiful blessings--not because we attempt to control others.

For those who feel they have to control the environment through denying a person's right to choose--anything--they demonstrate their lack of trust in God. For if our trust is in God, we have to trust Him to be who He is in the lives of everyone. That's demonstrating loyalty to God. Supporting a divisive person who's only goal is to enrich himself at the expense of others and to belittle and humiliate people, is not a character trait that God would approve. This is loyalty to mortals and if people are more loyal to people than God, then they will get their just consequence.

I owe no loyalty to a mere mortal or a political party. My loyalty belongs to God and God alone and nothing mere mortals say or do will ever change that. Why is that? Mere mortals do not have a heaven or hell for me so what they think--is irrelevant--when what they think and promote--opposes the character of God.

But no one has to take my word for anything. We all have choices to make and I choose to Believe God, not religious people who want to control others.

No comments:

Post a Comment