Saturday, November 19, 2016

Perspectives of Truth!

“My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin. “For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, because he is the messenger of the LORD Almighty and people seek instruction from his mouth. But you have turned from the way and by your teaching have caused many to stumble; you have violated the covenant with Levi,” says the LORD Almighty. “So I have caused you to be despised and humiliated before all the people, because you have not followed my ways but have shown partiality in matters of the law.”Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?  Malachi 2:5-10 NIV

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31,32 NIV

So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:24-28 NIV
Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16 KJV
How do we determine what is truth--especially God's truth? We determine His truth by The Word. If what we say or teach does not align with The Word, then we are in error and even if people don't recognize it--God does and if we are not open to His correction, we will deal with the consequences of our action.

When we look at Malachi and actually see what the prophet is saying--we know that he is talking to the Levitical priests--throughout. He's reminding them they have fallen short on being obedient to what God has told them to do. The temple was falling into disrepair because the religious leaders were more concerned about their own personal agendas.

And religious leaders today--are more concerned about their personal agendas than in teaching people the truth of God's Word. Primarily--we who have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord of our lives--and are filled with Holy Spirit--have no need of men or women to lead us to truth. Our role as Believers is to unite in fellowship to encourage one another to stay the course and when we see--others misleading God's people--those who know truth are commanded to speak truth--in love--but that truth must align with God's Word and cannot be a version of another's truth.

As such, there should be no distinctions among Believers as to nationality, ethnicity, gender or beliefs. That is--if we are all teaching The Word and not what someone else has said. And if we encourage, promote, or support racism, hatred and bigotry and promote false doctrine that does not align with God's Word--we do not belong to Him.

I know I belong to my Father--my Daddy--because that's the role I've given Him in my life. I know without a doubt that I can trust Him and my heart is always open to hear Him. When I hear Him--as stated before--I confirm what I heard in His Word, not by what other people have written.

One of the greatest travesties observed today is the lack of reverence for God's Truth by those who promote their own and when questioned--they cannot provide alignment in God's Word. It's not that I think I'm the only one who hears God--I know that's not true--and nor do I expect people to believe me over God's Word. I write with the anticipation and expectation that with a foundation of what I say based on The Word, people will seek The Word for further enlightenment or clarity.

I truly wish I had the time to do a thorough synopsis and analysis of all God has said to me and the confirmation of His Word that ignites what I write. Maybe one day, I'll have the time, but that time is not now so I end up writing snippets of what I hear Him saying to me.

I encourage all to seek The Lord for Truth of His Word--not men or women--for we are all flawed, imperfect human beings. And if we truly seek Him for Truth--we shall be set free to teach and promote Truth--according to His Word, not our feelings or personal agendas. God's Word is the only perspective of Truth we shall ever need.

This I know because my Daddy tells me so--there is no need to be fearful or offended by His Truth because only living according to His Truth, matters. If people are offended by His Truth, then perhaps--that is the reason they become offended when His Truth is promoted over man's truth.

Let all who Believe and walk according to God's Word commit to teaching His Truth and not others.

No comments:

Post a Comment