Thursday, November 24, 2016

Overtaken By His Blessings!

“Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the LORD your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. “And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the LORD your God: “Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country. “Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks. “Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out. “The LORD will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways. “The LORD will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you. “The LORD will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you, if you keep the commandments of the LORD your God and walk in His ways. Deuteronomy 28:1-9 NKJV
There is so much more within this passage of scripture--blessings through the 14th verse, but then comes the 15th verse to the end--the curses of disobedience. We know the story of what happened to the Children of Israel in their journeys--when they obeyed God they were blessed; when they didn't, they suffered the curses of their choices.

From the beginning--after Moses met with God--commandments were given and expected to be followed. And then there were added various sundry laws and policies until realistically--God's people--like now--decided it wasn't worth trying to keep up. And this is why when God walked the earth in the person of Jesus Christ--He said--Love Him, and Love Your Neighbor--everything He wanted us to do--summed up in two commandments. Why? Because He is love and He wants us blessed beyond measure!

If we love Him, we desire to please Him, and if we endeavor to please Him at all times, we won't do anything that would create any cracks in our relationship with Him.

If we love each other--we won't do anything that would cause harm to one another or injury or damage of property. If we love each each other--we lift each other up and encourage one another to stay on the path He has established for us. Loving each other doesn't mean we have to agree with one another, but we know how to disagree, agreeably, maintaining the love relationship. That's what God wants from us and when we endeavor to obey, He blesses us--with more love, peace, joy, happiness, self-discipline, and wisdom from on high.

Most of us (I realize not all will feel the same) have a great deal to be thankful for on this day. Some have watched loved ones suffer and leave this life. Some have agonized over the fate of our nation and loved ones abroad. But in the midst of all the turmoil and upheaval, if we look hard enough--we can find a reason to be thankful.

I'm thankful for His love that never abandons me. I'm thankful for the peace within when I know I've been obedient to Him. I'm thankful for my family--a husband who loves me and for my children and grandchildren--who I admit--I've spoiled with love. I'm thankful for the friends who love me as much as I love them--even when we don't agree. I'm thankful for life, health and strength and determination to keep moving forward in His name. I'm thankful for the desire He has placed in me to rise up and speak out against injustice, hate and bigotry everywhere. I'm thankful for the wisdom He keeps pouring into me and directing my thoughts and actions in sharing with others.

I am blessed and highly favored, overtaken by His blessings and will continue on the journey He has established for me. And I pray that anyone and everyone reading this today, will feel the same way--overtaken by blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment