Friday, September 16, 2016

Abiding In His Peace!

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. “All this I have spoken while still with you.  But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:23-27 NIV
While the world turns and slides and collides with the chaos and confusion that reigns in the minds of all those who don't know Jesus, we who know Him, can rest and abide in His Peace.

Where there is peace--calamity cannot exist.

Where there is peace--differing opinions are accepted and embraced.

Where there is peace--the mind stays focused on matters of importance.

Where there is peace--there is love and hatred has no space to hide.

Where there is peace--we recognize that all human beings belong to the same race.

Where there is peace--we hear from God and obey.

While we were never promised to have a life without challenges or obstacles, we are promised that because Jesus has overcome the world, we can move forward in His peace and know the victory He has already declared.

Promoting fear--of anything or anyone--in order to promote an agenda that is not of God, will never result in anything constructive, but rather destructive. If we look at history--those who deceived the masses by igniting fear--were exposed by the results of their deeds and the greater fear--came upon them and their history--all the destruction that resulted because of their actions--became their legacy.

We know that where there is fear--no love exists--because perfect love--unconditional love--forces fear to flee. So if we want to change the landscape of hopelessness (declared by others) we must learn to love--all people and want the very best--for all people--not just a handful--and the only way we will accomplish that goal is to allow Holy Spirit to direct our every move and thought. He knows what the Father desires and He will never lead us astray.

I don't know about you, but I love a peaceful environment in my home, in my community, and everywhere I go. It is so much easier to smile and hold conversations with complete strangers--when no one fears anyone--and peace reigns. Love wants the very best for each of us and where there is love--peace reigns and where peace reigns--love grows and grows and grows.

It's time--for all of us to stop thinking we have the answers--for anything--and realize that the true solutions to any problem we could ever face is in Jesus. He is our provider, our healer, our comforter and our reason for being--here in the earth realm--to promote His peace, so we can live in peace and harmony with all--knowing how to disagree, agreeably!

If we allow others to lead us away from God's Truth and become fearful of anything or anyone--we might want to check our love-gauge--and if low--go back to Him and have Him replenish us with the abundance of love He has for us. Abide in His Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment