Sunday, September 4, 2016

No Disappointment With Christ!

Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Romans 5:2-6 NLT
Though there be many things and people that might disappoint us in life, when we are in Christ, we are not disappointed--for we know His love will see us through whatever falls upon us.

Sometimes--we see not getting what we want as a disappointment, but we have to learn how to rise above above we thought we wanted and accept what God has for us. After all, He knows more than we do about what is best for us.

But knowing this does not stop us from appealing to Him for those things we desire. What helps us in not being disappointed is when we align our petitions to Him based upon His Word.

We are to pray for leaders in the world and when we ask God to pour out wisdom upon them and those leaders are receptive to hearing God and obeying, we can rest assured of peace in the land.

However, when we can see that leaders are not hearing from God--and we can tell by what they say and do--we must seek God's wisdom for ourselves so we can endure to the end--never wavering in our faith in Him--because He will never fail us.

I've expressed my disappointment in church leaders and political leaders and lawmakers and teachers and in so many others that I'm now tired of being disappointed by people. My focus has to be turned to Christ in whom there is no disappointment. That does not mean I ignore what is going on around me, but that I consistently reaffirm my faith in God and know that He will work it out!

Therefore--it is to Him I give the glory; it is to Him I give the praise; it is to Him I commit my soul until my dying day. There is no one like Him--no one in the earth who can do the things He does and no one who has a place for me for all eternity where I will live in peace and rest with Him.

We don't have to worry about being disappointed with Christ as long as we live to please Him and not people!

No comments:

Post a Comment