Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Help Us, O Lord!

Hear my voice when I call, LORD; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, LORD, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, God my Savior. I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 27:7-9, 13
Every time something happens in the world--especially in America--we have this inclination to say, "God bless America" without thinking of the implications--we're always seeking God, to do for us.  

We should be offering ourselves to Him and saying, "America Bless God," but we've taken Him out of just about everything.

We've taken Him out of our schools--and then we wonder why not many are learning anything worthwhile and certainly students are not learning to think for themselves, but rather they learn how to take tests and disrespect all in authority. Violence increases while learning decreases.

We've taken Him out of our local government entities--can't pray out loud for fear of offending others who don't believe in Him. And Lord, knows--we don't want to offend anyone by acknowledging Him who is beholden to no one.

We've taken Him out of our homes when we allow government to determine how we raise our children. Not many are willing to risk going to jail in order to discipline an unruly child. And we see the results of that lack of discipline--every day.

We've taken Him out of our churches--even though there are some who have maintained the obligatory picture, statue, or posted creed--God is not welcomed into the building because we have decided that what "man" wants is more important and ignore the basic premises of knowing God--loving all and obeying God. And this is why we still have the greatest racial and ethnic segregation--in the churches.

If we don't want to acknowledge God in the schools, homes, government or churches--what's left? A flag or a song are not important to God, yet we get offended when people don't play the game of honoring them. If we can't say a prayer aloud at a sporting event, why are we honoring a flag--made by the hands of men and machines--or a song written by a man that did not include all mankind? I don't understand!

And for this reason, I know we're in trouble and the only person who can turn things around is God. We're in trouble and until we recognize that no man or woman is going to change things, we're going to stay on the path the enemy has established, not the path of success that God desires for us. I'm waiting on God, not the debate--to see what He will do for all of mankind.

Help us, O Lord! We need You--involved in every area of our lives on a minute-by-minute basis--and I welcome You in my life--guiding all that I do that honors You. My confidence, is in You, O Lord and I know whatever You desire for us, is what the end will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment