Saturday, September 17, 2016

We Wear What We Are!

Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. The angel said to those who were standing before him, “Take off his filthy clothes.” Then he said to Joshua, “See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you.” Then I said, “Put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the LORD stood by. The angel of the LORD gave this charge to Joshua: “This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘If you will walk in obedience to me and keep my requirements, then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these standing here. Zechariah 3:3-7 NIV
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, Ephesians 6:14 NIV
Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:8 NIV
Whatever is in our heart is what will overflow,

What we say comes from its abundance,

What we do represents what we think,

What others see is who we really are.

Lord, help us to be more like You,

So You will be seen, not us!

The image others see

Should be You and not me,

Not others, on this journey, life.

Shower us with the love we need,

From above, abiding within,

Guiding our thoughts, words and deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment