Monday, September 26, 2016

Learning To Rest!

For though I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, lest anyone should think of me above what he sees me to be or hears from me. And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:6-9 NKJV
There are so many things that happen to us in life that are simply not in our control. Some of our life events cause us to be over anxious and frenetic and some have even caused people to seek escape from the problems by committing suicide--which is never the answer, for then we leave those behind to handle those things we refused to face.

Let's face it--life happens--to everyone, some of it good, some bad, some absolutely horrible, but when we are in Christ, we can rest--assured of His grace and mercy--and know He will work it out for our good.

So when the world is careening out of its orbit--we don't have to sway into fray--we can lean entirely on God's Word, the firm foundation of our faith and weather any storm that comes our way. In life--storms come and they go--and we have shelter in the arms of our Lord! Nothing the enemy does--no fiery dart shall ever thwart God's plans for our lives and if we only Believe.

Believe that He is our comforter when we need to be comforted.

Believe that He is our healer when sickness and disease attempt to make us fearful.

Believe that He is our Father who gives good gifts.

Believe that He is our provider and He will take care of us.

Believe that He is Alpha and Omega--the first and last--and He has us covered with the blood of Jesus.

Believe that when we are weakened by the trials of this world--He strengthens us to endure until the end.

Where does our help come from? Our help comes from The Lord! And when we know that He watches over us--we can rest in the knowledge that He knows all about our troubles and concerns and we can rest in Him--never fearful or over anxious about anything or about what anyone may do.

Now--shake off those feelings of dread or fear or anxiety and enter into His peace and rest--troubled no more by those things we cannot control. For if we can control some things, we should control them and thank God for the wisdom He bestows upon us from on high!

No comments:

Post a Comment