Friday, December 23, 2016

30 Days of Prayer and Praise--12!

Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. I cry out to God Most High, to God, who vindicates me. He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me--God sends forth his love and his faithfulness. I am in the midst of lions; I am forced to dwell among ravenous beasts— men whose teeth are spears and arrows, whose tongues are sharp swords. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. They spread a net for my feet— I was bowed down in distress. They dug a pit in my path— but they have fallen into it themselves. My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music. Awake, my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. Psalm 57 NIV
Day Twelve

Lord Jesus,

We know You see how those who love You are treated and vilified; how liars spread falsehoods and engage in activities designed to bring us to a place of disaster. But we know, how much You love us and how much You care for all who love You. We thank You for Your faithfulness towards and continued mercy and grace.

Lord, look upon all those who dare to plot against Your children and deliver unto them the same fate they plot against us.

For every foul deed they plot--have it turn again unto them. For every lie they tell to make themselves seem more than they are--expose the lie with truth for all to see.

For every trap they lay--let them be caught in the traps of their making.

For every pit they dig--let them fall into them and suffer whatever plight they planned for others.

For every lie they tell--send ten messengers of truth to expose their lies.

For every deception they plot to fool others--let them fall into the peril of being deceived more mightily than they planned.

For everything they plan to steal to enrich themselves--let it be stolen from them one hundred times more.

Lord, for everyone who plans to do what is right--let their good deeds be known to all and their reward be great.

For everyone who gives out of the capacity of their heart to those who are in need, let their giving be returned unto them one hundredfold.

For everyone who loves--unconditionally--everyone they meet--let the love they share with others be returned without measure so they will continue to love.

For those who encourage hope--to keep others moving forward and never in despair--keep the flame of hope ignited and never let it die within them.

For those who are feeling unloved and discouraged--send to them one who knows You and Your love and is willing to share Your love with others.

For those who are without shelter--guide them to safety and keep them covered, embraced by love and a shelter without fear of being robbed or abused.

Lord, You are the greatest gift we could ever be given--our salvation, our hope, our light in the midst of darkness, our strength to keep moving forward--sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.

You, O Lord, are an awesome God! There is truly none like You and No One who will do the things You do for those You love. Our precious is Your love to all who seek to be loved and wide Your arms to gather, embrace and hold onto each of us--keeping us safe from harm.

Look upon this land and into the hearts of all and do justice according to Your mercy as only You can. In Jesus' name we pray and thank You, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment