Friday, December 16, 2016

30 Days of Prayer and Praise--5!

My heart is not proud, LORD, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. Israel, put your hope in the LORD both now and forevermore. Psalm 131 NIV
Day Five

Lord Jesus,

Look upon our hearts and see if there is anything in them that is not like You. You know our thoughts long before we ever think them. Cleanse our minds of any thoughts of evil or unrighteousness and plant the seeds of benevolence and compassion everywhere wrong thoughts might have been. Renew in us daily, a fresh desire to please You and to trust You with all the cares that weigh our spirits down. Continue to strengthen us with the Joy of The Lord rising up in us whenever the enemy tries to discourage us.

Thank You for reminding us that our hope--in this life at this moment--is truly in You. We thank You for speaking wisdom to all in positions of authority and decision-making. We thank You for giving us yet another opportunity to inspire right living in all we do.

Lord, I thank You for keeping me focused on doing what must be done without stooping to the levels of ignorance so blatantly betrayed by those who don't know You. I thank You for keeping me mindful that everything I do is a witness to who You are and that I have no desire to shame You. Thank You for gifting us with diverse gifts for us to use to praise You and magnify You in all we do. Thank You for not allowing us to be ashamed before others because of our love for You.

Lord, remove the blinders of hatred and bigotry from those who would plot evil against Your children. Remove the shutters of fear and complacency from our eyes so we might see there are more with us than against us and the battle we face has already been won in the Spirit and will manifest itself to the natural.

Lord, we humble ourselves before You--acknowledging our limited wisdom and Your infinite wisdom and thankful You pour into us always. We know we do not have all the answers, nor do we even have all the questions, but we know because You love us--You are the answer to any question we might ever have.

Give us--the patience--to allow You to work in our lives so that it is to Your glory and honor, we give all the praise and not men. We thank You for working in us and through us so that all will be accomplished to Your glory and we will not be ashamed of the outcome.

For everyone that has a heart to serve You, bless them mightily in the name of Jesus and keep them focused and moving forward to see the end as You have planned it.

And we who Believe--declare that everything we ask for that aligns with Your Word--is done and it is so, in Jesus' name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment