Wednesday, December 14, 2016

30 Days of Prayer and Praise--3!

A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23 NIV
Day Three

Lord,

Just as David saw You as the Great Shepherd, we look to You as the protector of all Your children. For we are--those who truly Believe--the ones we know You will never mislead, abandon, or forsake. We know--if just one of us is lost--You will never give up on us and will lead us back to You. It is because of You, O God, that we can rest each night, knowing the angels You have assigned us are on duty--and will alert of us any impending danger. It is because of You that we can rise each morning, knowing that You will speak to our hearts, warning us and guiding us along the paths You desire us to take. It is because of You that we have no need to fear what the enemy might do, because You prepare us to recognize the tricks of the enemy. It is because of You that we lack nothing, but have everything we need. It is because of You that we can walk with our heads held high, never ashamed of who we are or who You are and all You've done for us. We thank You for anointing our hearts, brimming over with the love You have poured out on us--to love others--unconditionally and filled beyond measure with compassion to fight for the rights of those who are in need and feel the threat of injustice or inequality.

Lord Jesus, it is because of You that we know--when we live our lives in praise of You, goodness and mercy accompany us on our daily journey and we have no need to fear what may happen, for You have ordered our steps and we will obey. We are living in a day when people are doing what's best in their own eyes, but we intercede on their behalf and pray they will hear and obey and see You in all they do.

It is because of You, we can lift our hands in praise of You and know we are covered, from head to toe with blessings from on High, always in position to hear You and obey. Thank You for lifting every burden from our hearts and strengthening us with the joy You have for us. Thank You for giving us a desire to please You in all we do, for we know--that You will give us the desires of our heart. Thank You for speaking to the hearts of all who love You, guiding them in all they do, ready to do always, the right thing as determined by You and not man.
You are the only One worthy of our praise and we give You the glory that belongs only to You. Hallelujah!

All this we ask and thank You for in the name of Jesus, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment