Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Speaking As Approved By God!

For the appeal we make does not spring from error or impure motives, nor are we trying to trick you. On the contrary, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts. You know we never used flattery, nor did we put on a mask to cover up greed—God is our witness. We were not looking for praise from people, not from you or anyone else, even though as apostles of Christ we could have asserted our authority. Instead, we were like young children among you. Just as a nursing mother cares for her children, so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well. I Thessalonians 2:3-8 NIV
As a messenger of God for Gospel of Jesus Christ and a watchman, committed to telling the truth as God shows it to me and warning of impending danger, loving all unconditionally as He has commands, I declare at this moment, I will not ever write to please men, but as God speaks to my heart.

For I have noticed, through observation and actual experience that when we attempt to please men, we fall short for we can never please all the people all the time--nor at the same time. So, I've learned to not try pleasing people for it is a futile exercise and time waster. Since I don't know how much time I have left on the earth, I choose not to waste my time with the silliness and irrelevance of trying to please people. For which person--clothed in flesh covered bones--has heaven or hell for me? Not one person has heaven or hell for me therefore, I do not have to please people. However, if a person is pleased by what I do or say in my determination to please God--so be it. But my goal--is pleasing God--not people.

A caring mother or father would will always provide the child they love with instructions to keep them safe from harm and directions to keep them on a path of success in life. That's exactly what the bible does for all who love God and claim Him as our Father and Jesus as Lord of our lives and Savior. Though they are one in purpose, I understand the distinction of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Indeed, I trust my Father to speak to my heart at all times and Holy Spirit to deliver the fully interpreted message in a way I can understand it and share it. For I recognize the way of God and His Holy language is past my understanding and I need Holy Spirit to help me rightly discern what is being said.

With the bible--written by men as God spoke to them--we have the blueprint that should be the guide to how we live. Before men began writing, God was speaking to those He chose to be His messengers and scribes wrote as instructed. Since Jesus returned to heaven after completing His mission on earth, we--everyone who believes--all have access to hearing God through Holy Spirit if we are willing to hear. Understand, when God speaks to our heart, Holy Spirit interprets so our minds will accept what is being spoken to us. Unless Holy Spirit interprets what is said--we veer off the path that God plans for us to travel and when people "think" on their own about what is right, chaos ensues.

Does not The Word remind us that, "in the multitude of counselors there is safety?" And in other passages (in Proverbs) we are warned that those who scorn knowledge will soon provoke destruction and unfortunately, the destruction will not just destroy them, but others.

I'm praying daily, almost hourly when time permits--that in the coming days the electors in our Electoral College will have hearts to hear God speak and vote the voice of the people and acknowledge the popular vote. For the mandate of this election is the voice of the people and the electors should honor their voice. Though there are some who will not agree with what I've just said, they're entitled. I'm looking forward and see nothing but destruction with a president who cares nothing for protocol or dignity, integrity and honor. When the destruction comes, if our electors are not willing to hear God, it will impact all our lives and like those fleeing Aleppo, we might be next--fleeing one city after the other, but the real problem will be--where will we go?

Lord, speak to the hearts of those in position to make a decision that will impact all our lives either positively or negatively. Allow every elector in the Electoral College to see beyond the moment of their vote, so they will understand the importance of our having a future without chaos and more hatred and bigotry, marring the landscape for generations to come. Speak to the heart of every child You claim as Yours, creating in them a desire to please You and not men. I pray that every one of Your children will we willing to hear and act upon all You say so we can enjoy peace in the land--for all mankind. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment