Monday, December 26, 2016

30 Days of Prayer and Praise--15!

Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” I say of the holy people who are in the land, “They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.” Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more. I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods or take up their names on my lips. LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.  I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay. You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16 NIV
Day Fifteen

Lord Jesus,

Thank You for being in the midst of our trials, challenges and victories. You alone are the refuge we seek, the comforter of our hearts and minds when things attempt to get the best of us. You alone, O God, are the only One to whom we can turn for wisdom and understanding of all the events that unfold before us.

Comfort hearts of those who are mourning loved ones all over the world and give them peace of mind. Embrace them as only You can in the spirit and send others to remind them of Your Love. Create in all a receptive heart to hear a word of encouragement, and understanding. Give us compassion for all those who are hurting and lost--not knowing which way to turn, but allowing us to see beyond the moment and even the day, to hope for the joy of Lord to renew us and keep us moving forward.

Lord, we know there are things that happen we will never understand, but our hope and trust is in You for we know You know all things and have determined the outcome of all situations before they even happen. We trust You to know what is best for all and yet we  know that You will not force us to do anything beyond our will, but with our choices, we must accept the consequences of our actions.

Look upon the hearts of all who have failed to acknowledge You and have even encouraged others that Your existence is but a figment of imagination spawned in the hearts of those who "they say are ignorant." Create a situation in the lives of all who scorn and disbelieve so they will know that You are not a figment of anyone's imagination, but You are the creator of all that was ever created and without You, nothing was created. Prepare that Damascus Road experience for them so they will not be lost, but will be able to enter into Your rest at the end of time.

In the midst of the trials--we lift our hearts, our hands, and head to see You in Your all Your glory and give You praise. Glory to Your Name of O God, and may all who have life and blood running through their bodies--declare Your righteousness, mercy and goodness and receive from You--the love You pour out upon all--without constraint--without consideration of ethnicity, gender or skin tone or religious beliefs.

In Jesus' name, we pray and thank You, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment