Saturday, December 24, 2016

30 Days of Prayer and Praise--13!

When the Ziphites had gone to Saul and said, “Is not David hiding among us?” Save me, O God, by your name; vindicate me by your might. Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth. Arrogant foes are attacking me; ruthless people are trying to kill me— people without regard for God. Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. Let evil recoil on those who slander me; in your faithfulness destroy them. I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you; I will praise your name, LORD, for it is good. You have delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes. Psalm 54 NIV
Day Thirteen

You, O Lord, are the lifter of our heads, the bright and morning star.

Listen to our hearts and know our thoughts about every situation and save us from the enemy of arrogance and narcissism, from those who are mentally unstable in positions of authority, and are driven by greed and corruption.

Give us direction and continual hope to stay focused on You and Your in the midst of all the mindlessness that surrounds and threatens the peace of nations.

For every heart that desires to hear You, speak to them and pour out wisdom from on high, so those in authority will govern righteously, not out of pettiness and vengefulness.

Lord, we know that nothing happens in our lives that You did not already know about and we know that in the end, we will be victorious with You going ahead of us in battle.

Strengthen our resolve to stay bold and courageous, fighting injustice on all fronts, standing up and speaking up for the poor and the needy who feel they have no voice. For every person who reveals their hatred and bigotry and racism, help us to stand firm as a beacon of hope and light, dispelling  the darkness that abides in their hearts.

Even when it seems like all is lost--remind us of Your love and mercy and grace--that accompany us everywhere we go.

Lord, we thank You for covering us with Your precious blood--keeping all the evil at bay the enemy has plotted against us and for every dart levied our way, return it to those who throw them with more power than they had.

You alone continue to be worthy of all the praise and glory. You alone are the strength we need when we feel weak. You alone, O God, are savior to all who will receive You as such and You are alone--know the end from the beginning of all we see or can predict.

Thank You for hearing and answering our prayers and responding to needs of all who love You. In Jesus' name we pray and thank You, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment