Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Can You Hear Me Now?

"But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear" (Isaiah 59:2 NIV).

Are we listening to God through His Word, when His spirit speaks to us or are we bombarded by the chaos that reigns in the midst of confusion and disobedience? I can only imagine what  God might be thinking about what is happening in the land, He created for our good.

"Good morning, children," God said.

"I have much to say to you concerning this world."

"On this planet, I had devised the means for your survival and even for you to prosper in it."

"On this planet, I had determined my purposes for your lives if you would surrender your all to me."

"Over and over again, I have sustained a remnant of people who will obey and do what I have asked them to do."

"Throughout the generations, I have loved you, warned you, and even sacrificed myself for you, yet you do not hear me."

"You have not heeded my warnings or learned from your past mistakes, and even when I attempt to correct you, you turn from me."

"You have defiled yourselves in all manner of abominations and turned what I have said is evil to good--for your own selfish purposes--to appease your flesh."

"You have ignored my teachings so your children will be upstanding, productive people and now instead they are whore-mongers, warmongers, and haters of self and parents, and me."

"You care more about what people think that what I have said and you constantly change your views to adapt to people, but you constantly ignore what I have said that does not change."

"You attempt to talk to me when things go south and then you expect me to act on your behalf as though I am a magician."

"You refuse to obey me, but you get angry when the consequences of your actions are made known to all."

"When I am attempting to talk to you about your behavior, you tune-me out or try to justify your actions."

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? I Am God and I change not, nor do my purposes for you change."

"Nevertheless, since you insist on doing things your way, I will abide by my word and remove my hand from your lives and allow the consequences to fall upon the just and the unjust."

"There is no more need to seek me for direction, when you refuse to hear me.  I will not hear you because you do not listen to those I have appointed and anointed for such a time as this."

"And when you hear the sounds of war knocking at your borders, do not wonder why.  You know why.  Do not point fingers at others until you have realized your part in all of the world's undoing."

"Know that I love you, but I will not tolerate your blatant disregard of my people, my Word, or those I purposed to serve your needs."

"Since you love the praise of men more than your relationship with me, and will praise others more than you praise me, I will leave you to serve what you desire and you will hear from me--no more!"

"C A N  Y O U  H E A R   M E   N O W?"

What is your response? O God, I hear and ask for Your abiding love to sustain us against evil and that You will create in us a heart to hear, a will to do, the courage to speak out against evil and a determination to get it all done, to Your glory! Cut away everything in our lives that keeps us from true repentance, so we may honor You with our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment