Sunday, September 8, 2013

What He's Done For Me!

I woke up this morning with my mind on Jesus and what He's done for me.

He came into my life, showed me a better path than the one I was taking, and loved me enough to keep me on it, even when I strayed.

He comforted my heart when loved ones passed away from this earthly realm and healed my body of pain and sickness. Even when the devil tried His best to take me out, Jesus was right there, speaking to my heart, and giving me the boldness needed to tell the devil, "not yet."

In moments of weakness, Jesus reminds me of who I am and what I have in Him and with Him.

Though the enemy tries to discourage, His love keeps me encouraged.

When I think there is nothing else I can do to resolve a situation, He reminds me that the battle is not mine, but His and He will reign victoriously over every adverse situation that comes into my life.

When the enemy tries to bring my past to the forefront and make me feel guilty, Jesus reminds me that all confessed sin has been forgiven and I am a new creation in Him. "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

When I went back to college (at nearly 50 years old), He strengthened my mind and resolve to accomplish all I needed, with His help and direction.  I began teaching at 50, obtained my Masters Degree, past 50 and then went on to complete the coursework for a Ph.D. He is truly awesome in my life. 

He has directed me, by His Spirit, in what I write and how to bring it to others. I claim no knowledge of technology, but He has led me in what I do and now I can reap the rewards of being obedient. "Obedience is better than sacrifice."

"Weeping may endure for a night (and sometimes the nights are long), but joy comes in the morning." He gives us so much joy that we can forget about what made us weep.

This list could go on for a while, but I don't want to bore you.  I want to encourage you to hold on to your faith in Jesus and remind yourself of what He has already done and know that He is not finished with you, yet.  It's not over, until God says it is over. Look to Him, the author and finisher of our faith and know that He loves you and listen when He speaks to encourage your heart.  He did not promise us an easy life, but He did promise to never leave us or forsake us.

Father, help us to hear You when You speak words of comfort and encouragement.  Help us to remember that we have power over anything the enemy attempts to do in Christ Jesus. Thank You for touching bodies, relieving pain in joints, nerves, muscles, and emotions. Thank You for touching and comforting hearts of all that has created the hurt. Thank You for loving us enough to never leave us to our own devices, and for reminding us to lean on You. Open eyes, spiritually and naturally, so all might see Your goodness and determine this day to invite You into lives and allow You free reign over all that is done. I pray and thank You in Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment