Friday, April 19, 2013

What a Mirror Reflects of God

A loving God with a sense of humor, constantly reminds us of our fragile, human flaws.

As I was getting dressed this morning, I took a good look at the aging body reflected in the mirror. The sags, the bags, the crinkles and wrinkles, the lumps and bumps and thought, "Oh my God! My body is rebelling!  You see, like many of us, I see what I want to see. My mind's eyes see a youthful, shake-it-up baby body.   A body that always attracted the attention of the men, but the most attention it gets now is, "I can imagine how she used to look." You can see the pity in their eyes as they turn away, not wanting to stare, but you caught it.  But in your mind's eyes, you don't have a clue. 

Looking in the mirror at the reflection of a body that some how, I wish were younger--not!
If I was younger, I'd have to start all over to get where I am and trust me, that was not a pretty journey.  So, I'll live with the reality of God's humor in allowing us to have--just for a moment--a glorious time in life when we knew we had it going on. 

We still have it going on, and on, and on--we just don't know where it might end! 
When you look down at your feet and can't see them--don't sweat it, get moving!
When you realize you don't see as well as you used to see--get glasses and keep stepping.
When you can't move as fast as you used to move--take a praise break, as often as you need and keep on trucking!

When you feel like life has gotten the best of you--look in the mirror and remember that you have gotten the best out of life and you are what God intended you to be. 

I can look at the spots and wrinkles, the sags and bags and I can see my feet when I look down, but I know on this side of 60, I must have a sense of humor to appreciate where I am and where I have yet to go!  God has a plan and I'm living it with joy in my heart and a smile on my face, just the way He planned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment