Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Near Enough to Hear and Respond!

"The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth." (Psalm 145:18 NIV)

Depending upon the sleeping arrangements in one's home, most parents hear a child cry because they are near them--especially a baby. And when a parent (mother or father) hears a child cry, they respond immediately--addressing the need--to comfort, to feed, to dry--whatever that need is--they fulfill it.

Even when a child is not near a mother, when a child cries--a mother knows that cry and will rush to their assistance. I remember an incident many years ago when my daughter got away from her aunts and uncles. She was 18 months old at the time and we were in a shopping mall with my stepmother, my two brothers and sisters who were between the ages of 14-18. The girls wanted to take my daughter with them while we were looking around the store. Everyone thought my daughter was with someone else, but when I heard a child cry, before I heard the announcement about a lost child, I knew it was my daughter and ran to retrieve her. She was so upset that it took her years (about twenty-five) to get over being alone or going anywhere alone.

If we, as naturally loving parents, will heed the voice of our children in distress, how much more can we count on God to hear and respond to us? He knows before we cry out what we need and because He loves us--He hears and when we obey--He responds and provides our request. When our cries are wrought out of anguish for living according to His Word (Truth), we can expect an immediate response. If we only cry unto Him because of our disobedience, we won't immediately recognize His response because of our own insincerity.

Let's face it. God is not mocked, nor is He fooled by all the trappings we attempt to use to subvert His Truth. If we think we're fooling anyone, it is only ourselves.

Holy Spirit in us is certainly near us and when we abide by His directions, He hears and responds. If He is not an integral part of our lives, we have no need to expect anything from Him--He is far from those who oppose Him. And further in this passage, He reminds us that He will destroy the wicked.

I don't know about you, but I love it when I know He will hear me when I speak to Him, cry unto Him when I see the world turning upside down and know that no matter what men may do, He is able to preserve me unto Himself until His return. Hallelujah!

So live--according to His truth and know that when you cry unto Him, He's near enough to hear and respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment