Thursday, April 16, 2015

Praying For You!

"For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better." (Ephesians 1:15-17 NIV)

Many of us often receive prayer requests for various reasons--someone is having surgery, a child is missing, a life has been lost, someone has lost a job, and for those who are ill and suffering. When I pray for anyone, based upon a prayer request, I ask for the reason I'm praying since I don't really like "generic prayers" for anyone. We have an awesome God who responds to our faith, about the specific details of our lives, so I like to pray specific prayers.

But for those who profess a faith and belief in God as indicated in their response to something I've said in a blog or by following me on Twitter or any other social media, I pray the type of prayer Paul discusses in this passage.

I always thank God for the connection with other like-minded Believers and with those who have shared interest in writing, the arts, literacy, and education. I pray for wisdom for all--those in authority and those who are governed by those in authority. I pray for wisdom for parents in guiding their children in knowing how to live a life that glorifies God. I pray God's wisdom for spouses that their love will grow and cement their commitment to each other. I pray healing for all--from the crowns of heads to the soles of their feet and every organ, bone, muscle, and tissue in between. I pray God's wisdom in all decision-making for everyone faced with tough choices. I pray for all to accept God's love so we may have peace in our homes,  in communities,  in the nation, and in the world--with no hatred or violence against anyone. I pray for strength and courage for all who are tempted to succumb to depression and doubt and for those who stand firm in their faith, never wavering. I pray for all to come to a place where they accept the work on the cross and Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

And when I've finished these requests, I praise God and thank Him for hearing and responding to my requests and for speaking to the hearts of all who need to hear from Him in all things. I know that it is done in Jesus' name.

Someone wrote a song indicating they understood someone--maybe someone they didn't even know, had prayed for them--"Somebody prayed for me and I'm so glad they prayed." I know some of the people who prayed for me when I was living my life for me and I'm so glad they prayed, I'm so glad they prayed for me! So, I do not hesitate to pray for others, whether I know them or not, God knows every need, and I expect, with great anticipation, that He will respond to those needs. Hallelujah!

Be encouraged, I'm praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment