Thursday, April 2, 2015

Whose Freedom?

"In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us." (2 Thessalonians 3:6 NIV)

When I read this passage of scripture, I am reminded that Paul understood and wanted us to understand not everyone professing the name of Jesus is a Believer of Jesus Christ and desires to please Him. Hence, the warning to those who have a right relationship--doing The Master's Will--so they would not lose their focus.

When I look at current events, the re-hashing of hatred and bigotry against Christians--those standing up for their right to follow all the teachings of Jesus Christ, I shake my head and pray.

Since when did it become right for someone to infringe upon another person's rights--especially the rights of those who have chosen to obey God in all things? Where is the freedom of our choice if we cannot stand on God's Word?

The enemy is LAUGHING OUT LOUD because it would appear that he's winning the last battle. The enemy of Jesus Christ has effectively deceived some weak-willed Believers into thinking that freedom of choice is only for those who yell the loudest. Terminology is skewed and twisted to make sure the message of hate is loud and clear, but it is not hatred coming from true Believers; the hatred is coming from those who wish to live in opposition to God's Word. This is how Satan operates--creating confusion when God establishes clarity.

So, whose freedom are we really discussing in the media? Is it freedom of choice for all or just some? And for those who stir the pot of confusion because of their guilt, will they ever know freedom? They want to be free from observing religion--so who's stopping them? But when we choose to observe all that God has taught, we have no freedom?

The message about freedom is a matter of choice. What we actively and consciously do in life is always a matter of choice. Everyone has the same freedom to choose what they do or at least we should. If one place of business doesn't want to do business with me, I take my money elsewhere. It's just that simple. If I wanted a cake made a certain way, I'd bake it myself or support a new business who will do what I want. But notice the "I's" in the previous sentence. There is more to living than what I want or any other individual. Life is not meant to be lived in isolation so I must learn to live among others--respecting the boundaries of beliefs and expecting others to respect mine.

We really need to stop the foolishness and wake up and see this debate for what it really is--Satan having his way in the minds of many, creating confusion and rolling in the floor laughing at all he has done. It's not about the freedom on any human being; it's all about his freedom to destroy mankind.

Now, whose freedom is at stake here?

No comments:

Post a Comment