Tuesday, January 12, 2016

On The Journey--Ayin!

I have done justice and righteousness;
Do not leave me to my oppressors.
Be surety for Your servant for good;
Do not let the proud oppress me.
My eyes fail from seeking Your salvation
And Your righteous word.
Deal with Your servant according to Your mercy,
And teach me Your statutes.
I am Your servant;
Give me understanding,
That I may know Your testimonies.
It is time for You to act, O LORD,
For they have regarded Your law as void.
Therefore I love Your commandments
More than gold, yes, than fine gold!
Therefore all Your precepts concerning all things
I consider to be right;
I hate every false way. Psalm 119:121-128 NKJV
The 16th letter and stanza--greater understanding of the woes of the world and we're still asking God to step in and change things.

What I realize from this stanza is that the more the writer understands about God's Ways, the more he sees how evil the world really is when people choose to live in opposition to God's Word.

In verse 128, the writer tells God, "It's time for You to step in because no one is regarding your law." I've had similar thoughts when the Supreme Court Justices made a decision voiding God's Word. I look at the terrorists who kill those who don't believe as they do and say, "When are You going to stop this, God?" I look at how parents treat children and how children treat adults--especially senior citizens--and wonder, "When will this stop?" I look at how people have no value for lives--not their own and certainly not others and I cry out to The Lord, "Come quickly!"

So, the writer's frustration is not new and continues--and will continue until people understand that we all need to live according to God's Word. Only when we understand the importance of doing things His way, will we ever know peace in the land. That means, we all have to change--stop living in opposition to His Word and to stop accommodating sin--all sin--for there is no little sin or big sin, or black sin or white sin--SIN IS SIN!

When we know people are lying, they must be called on the carpet for it--immediately--for if we let it slide, they will think that lying is okay.

When we know people steal--they must be called on the carpet for it. Whatever it is that people are doing--especially those we know--they must be told to stop committing sin and change their ways.

The writer tells us that he "hates every false way." So if we take what doesn't belong to us and claim it as our own, it is false, not true. When we lie about things that either did or did not happen, we lie and it is false. If it is false, it is a lie. A half-truth or twisted truth is still a lie.

We're waiting for God to step in and He's waiting for us to be bold and courageous enough to tell people the truth whether they want to hear it or not, or receive it or not; if we tell them, they won't be able to stand before Him on judgment day and say, "I didn't know."

We must get beyond the thought of trying not to hurt people's feelings when we see them headed in the wrong direction. We must speak up and out about all things that are contrary to God's Word. "Providing things honest in the sight of all men," (2 Corinthians 8:21) as Paul says will make a difference in the world and in the lives of all concerned.

Let's stop waiting for God to step in do what He has called many of us to do--Teach His Word and His ways--boldly and courageously!

No comments:

Post a Comment