Thursday, January 21, 2016

Why We Trust The Word!

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16, 17 NIV
Although there are many naysayers and doubters in the world who "refute" the bible as we know it as God's Word, we who know and Believe God, know the truth.

All scripture--not some or just portions or selected passages--was written by man as inspired by God to do so--hence--God-breathed into man's spirit and man wrote. That sounds far too simple for those who would complicate God's Word and His intent for mankind, but it is just that simple. Of course, since many believe that the King James Version is the only right version--there lies another complication.

I am convinced that the original language that man spoke was accurately translated by many (not all), but God's intent for mankind remains static--no matter what language is used. My conviction in this area is derived from my relationship with God who has revealed His truth to me by guiding me in search of truth. So, I believe the Bible--any good translation that does not pervert or distort God's Truth--is good for instruction and correction, in guiding anyone to living a life that is pleasing to God.

How do I know this? I tried living without The Word as a guide in my life and almost ended my life when life got too tough to bear. It was The Word that saved me and exposed all the lies the enemy had tried to use against me. It was The Word that showed me how much I am loved by God. It was The Word that convinced me that pleasing God is far more important than trying to please man. It was The Word that demonstrated God's mercy and grace towards all who had fallen short of His perfection. And it was my faith in God that led me to understand The Word for my life.

The desire to please God--once we understand His Word--puts on the path to serving others and that's why The Word is important--so all who know it and trust it can accomplish all that God desires for them to accomplish.

For any who doubt the value of The Word--I offer this challenge--have faith in God and in developing a relationship with Him and then open a bible--with an open mind and willing heart to hear Him. I guarantee--you'll never be the same--once you find yourself in God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment