Thursday, January 7, 2016

On The Journey--Kaph!

My soul faints for Your salvation,
But I hope in Your word.
My eyes fail from searching Your word,
Saying, “When will You comfort me?”
For I have become like a wineskin in smoke,
Yet I do not forget Your statutes.
How many are the days of Your servant?
When will You execute judgment on those who persecute me?
The proud have dug pits for me,
Which is not according to Your law.
All Your commandments are faithful;
They persecute me wrongfully;
Help me!
They almost made an end of me on earth,
But I did not forsake Your precepts
Revive me according to Your lovingkindness,
So that I may keep the testimony of Your mouth. Psalm 119:81-88 NKJV
The eleventh letter and the eleventh stanza--the continual plea for God's intervention.
Salvation--being saved--comes from The Lord. From whom do we need to be saved? From those who attempt to belittle us, mock us, ridicule us or is it that we need to be saved from ourselves more than anything else?

The enemy can kill the flesh, but when our soul is right with God, there is nothing anyone can do to hinder what God has for us.

We see the writer exclaiming how his soul longs for salvation--literally from his enemies and figuratively for the appearance of Jesus. We see how he has searched God's Word until the strain has affected his vision.  He's tired and admits he's having a hard time holding onto hope, dried out, but he perseveres--holding onto the promises in The Word.

Have we become "dried out" when it comes to living for God? Have we succumbed to the pits the enemy digs for us--especially those in the church (Body of Christ) who claim to know God?

When I look at some of the things that "Believers" post on social media, my heart hurts. I am crushed that they do not understand who it is they're supposed to be representing and when others--who claim to be Christians--attack--unmercifully--those in leadership or anyone else who disagrees with them--I cringe and pray.

The Word tells us to pray for our leaders and all those in authority over us. It does not tell us to belittle, ridicule, lie about, and paint such a picture of ugliness OF OURSELVES when we do it, other people. I am so tired of the disrespect shown to President Obama--and it's not because I agree with everything he does. Instead of talking about him and belittling him, that time and energy would be better served in praying for him--which I do. I pray for leaders everywhere--that they will be still and hear the voice of God and obey.

Those who support the NRA--pray. They who support the right of all living--pray. (Somehow the right-to-lifers and are the same people who support the NRA appear to be a bit paradoxical--on one hand they say don't kill the babies who are not born and on the other hand, they approve taking a life of one who is already here). I don't support either group. I support and proclaim the Word of God and in it--He gives us CHOICE, with clear consequences of those choices. Democrats/progressives and Republicans/conservatives all have a lot to learn about what it means to be a true Believer!

It is the attitude of those who proclaim to be Christians that cause my soul to dry out and thirst for the re-appearance of the Lord Jesus Christ. But while I wait, I am yet searching God's Word, seeking understanding, and proclaiming all that He reveals to me.

Are we who claim to be His children on one accord yet? If not, how can we ever expect to benefit from the miraculous as those who witnessed the outpouring of Holy Spirit--so long ago. They were all on one accord and received the promise. Until we are all on one accord, the promise will be delayed and it is up to us to be the change the world needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment