Saturday, January 9, 2016

On The Journey--Mem!


MEM
Oh, how I love Your law!
It is my meditation all the day.
You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies;
For they are ever with me.
I have more understanding than all my teachers,
For Your testimonies are my meditation.
I understand more than the ancients,
Because I keep Your precepts.
I have restrained my feet from every evil way,
That I may keep Your word.
I have not departed from Your judgments,
For You Yourself have taught me.
How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Through Your precepts I get understanding;
Therefore I hate every false way.
The 13th letter and the 13th stanza which appear to be revelation--eyes-wide-understanding of God's Word.

The writer has reached a point in his life when he realizes he loves God's laws and principles and meditates on them daily. He's letting God know, that he has learned more from meditating on God's Word than anything his teachers have taught him and more than those who came before him who apparently did not have the same attitude towards God's Word.

What I love about this is the fact that the writer states--he is wiser because of the testimonies--what he has witnessed God do for him.  When I look at the conduct and behavior of the masses in our society, I have to wonder if any have loved God's Word enough to meditate on it. Have we reached a point where God's Word has revealed to us--God's Truth in how we should live?

I cannot imagine any of us living today being able to say, we are wiser than those who came before us (those in relationship with God). However, it is more than possible that many of us know more than those who tried to teach us--to the best of their ability--about God's Word, through Him.
Here's what I get out of this the most--when we have personally witnessed God's operating on our behalf, we have a testimony that no doubter or hater can ever shake. The doubters and haters could not possibly understand God and even if God had performed a miracle on their behalf, they wouldn't recognize it because to them--it is all about them.

The more I study and meditate on God's Word, the more I see Him and understand how I am to live my life representing all that He is--not me. That does not mean that I ignore the gifts He has given me; it means that I use the gifts to promote who He is. The more I please Him, the more He gives me favor with others.

On much of the social media we use, we see the term, "influencer" as it pertains to how many followers and connections are made through them. I want to be an influencer in promoting the Gospel more than I want to be an influencer on social media. If anyone has come into greater understanding by something I've written that brings them into relationship with God, I have achieved my goal.

Oh yes, His Word is sweeter than honey and will sustain us more than a drink from a fountain, since we have a well of living water rising in us, that never runs dry. And when we recognize what we have in Him, we will exercise self-control and stay out of evil's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment