Monday, January 18, 2016

On The Journey--TAU!

Let my cry come before You, O LORD;
Give me understanding according to Your word.
Let my supplication come before You;
Deliver me according to Your word.
My lips shall utter praise,
For You teach me Your statutes.
My tongue shall speak of Your word,
For all Your commandments are righteousness.
Let Your hand become my help,
For I have chosen Your precepts.
I long for Your salvation, O LORD,
And Your law is my delight.
Let my soul live, and it shall praise You;
And let Your judgments help me.
I have gone astray like a lost sheep;
Seek Your servant,
For I do not forget Your commandments. Psalm 119:169-176 NKJV
The 22nd letter and stanza--the last plea in this acrostic poem.

When we veer too far in the wrong direction--trying to be politically correct or to fit in with our contemporaries, do we recognize it and remember God?

Within this last stanza, it appears the writer has engaged in something other than in obeying God's Word and realizes that he needs to turn back. He's begging for God to hear him and to give him understanding of His Word. One might think that the enemy the writer has referenced in earlier passages has led him to engage in activities that are not of God. Is this a passage of repentance? Do we react in this manner when  we fall short?

Help us, Lord! Hear us when we call! When do we think God does not hear us? When we have fallen away from doing His Will. I would guess this is a natural human response--when we do wrong and we know it is wrong--we tend to think God won't hear us and certainly won't respond. But remember this is a time in which the Holy Spirit was not accessible to everyone who believed.

So, why is it--that those who believe now--find it difficult to understand that God hears us--at all times and He sees what we do--at all times?

"Let my soul live and it shall praise You." The writer recognizes that it is our soul--our will to determine right from wrong that will be judged for what we do. And he is asking God to let his soul live and his judgment to come now--giving him another chance to get things right.

We are spirit beings, hosted in a physical body, with a soul--that either is full of light or full of darkness. When we die--according to The Word, our spirits go back to God from whom they were given, the body returns to the dust from which it came and our soul awaits judgment. When we cry unto the Lord for help, it is our soul--recognizing the darkness into which we've fallen--needing the Light to dispel the darkness so we can see how to do right.

The writer admits he has strayed and is lost. Have we reached that conclusion at some point in our journey--we need His guidance all along the way?

Being lost is never a problem when we can seek direction from a reliable source. There is no source more reliable than God's Word. For all who are lost--sinking in moral dilemmas or spiritual demise, help is nearer than we think--we simply have to call on Him, repent of those things we know are not of Him, seek Him for understanding of His Word and then live--a life of abundance--according to His Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment