Sunday, January 17, 2016

On The Journey--SHIN!

Princes persecute me without a cause,
But my heart stands in awe of Your word.
I rejoice at Your word
As one who finds great treasure.
I hate and abhor lying,
But I love Your law.
Seven times a day I praise You,
Because of Your righteous judgments.
Great peace have those who love Your law,
And nothing causes them to stumble.
LORD, I hope for Your salvation,
And I do Your commandments.
My soul keeps Your testimonies,
And I love them exceedingly.
I keep Your precepts and Your testimonies,
For all my ways are before You. Psalm 119:161-168 NKJV
The 21st letter and stanza--acknowledgement, praise and hope in the midst of any trial.

How many times has someone who has authority over us--attempted to misuse their authority and persecute us, simply because we would not conform to doing things their way-in opposition to God's Word? We were not the first to experience this ploy to get us to be deceitful and dishonest and we won't be the last.

Whenever anyone expects us to lie or cheat in order to keep a job or to stay in their favor, we should have the same attitude the writer has. We should abhor lying and deceitfulness with a passion and openly denounce it.

Are we in awe of God's Word enough to keep it--no matter what others do? The more I study and seek God for understanding, the more I realize just how much His Word is so much better than the dictates of man.

In God's Word--there is Life and Liberty--freedom to live according to God's Word, knowing we are pleasing God, whether others find fault with us or not.

In God's Word--there is Justice and Mercy. God's Word is just--not fair--for His righteousness is just and there is nothing in it we can debate--that will change His intent for our lives. This is why we are constantly reminded in His Word that the wicked shall have their judgment for all the world to see and we are regarded--His righteousness, for we have none of our own.

In God's Word--there is Love and Grace--God is love and therefore everything He has done, is doing and will do is based upon His love for us. If we follow His commands--to love Him and one another--the world will be filled to overflowing with Love and we shall peace upon the land because of His favor shown towards us.

In God's Word--there is Peace--His peace that surpasses all understanding. And because we belong to Him, we too can enjoy blessed peace in the midst of chaos and confusion when we live according to His Word.

In God's Word--there is Light--that overcomes the darkness that hangs as clouds because of the wicked imaginations of those who oppose God. Wherever there is darkness, light dispels it and exposes the deeds of darkness. We cannot hide from God, no matter what we think we can do that He won't see or know.

In God's Word--there is healing--for our bodies and for nations under siege--due to differences of opinion and the ravages of war. By His stripes we are healed of illnesses, diseases and with His peace we are healed of frustration and depression over things we cannot control. If those of us who believe Him would simply pray--earnestly--believing He will answer-- and repent of our waywardness, He will heal the land.

In God's Word--there is Truth--for His Word is Truth and His Ways are the true way by which we should live. Whenever God's Word is not revealed as Truth, peace is disrupted and chaos reigns.

How often we pray to God or communicate with Him on any level is not a matter of prescription or formula, but it should be a way of life for every Believer. I pray throughout the day--thanking God and praising Him for His goodness--and I have no idea how many times I do it; I just do it.

My soul loves Jesus and all my hope is in Him for there is no hope in any other! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment